Using normal solutions as a rapid tan

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LetUsSpray

Reaction score
Hi geeks. I see that Nouvatan 20% can be used as a rapid tan. Does anyone know if this would work with other brands? I ask because I have someone wanting a tan for 2night but I use suntana which has the usual 8 hour development time. Do you think I would still get a good result if I used the dark but for a shorter development time to get a light to medium tan?

iv done this before on myself leave on for 3-4 hours and still a good colour :)

The point Nouvatan is openly making by selling their new solution as a 20% that can be used as a fast tan is that most fast tans are a high DHA solution that is washed off early.

Yes you would get some colour by using a high DHA and washing it off early but what colour you will go after washing off at what time will depend on how high the percent solution you use is and how long you keep it on.

If for arguments sake you use a 12% and wash if off after just 3 hours you would get some colour prob an 8% tan.
If you used a 14% and washed off after 3 hours you would get more colour than you would have in the above situation and would prob have a 10% tan.
(Please understand the above info is for example only and I am not saying these would be the results of using that % for that time :Love:).

So basically it will depend on how high the % is on the solution your going to use and how long you want to leave it on but yes you should get some colour.

Remember though that tans created using this method don't last as long as a tan achieved by keeping the correct solution on for the recomended time :wink2:.

I agree with baggy bear, the problem with using a high dha as a rapid tan is that most tans take 6-8hrs to penetrate the skin properly, so if you only leave it on for 3hrs it will only penetrate part of the way. This means that the tan is unlikely to last more than 2-3days. Also using a 20% solution on the skin is extremely drying on the skin which would contribute to a tan fading faster and unevenly.
The other problem is that just using a high dha tan for a few hours doesn't work for everyone. I know they don't work on me as i have tried it, so it can't really be advertised as a rapid tan. It can work for some people, but not for everyone.
Hope that helps xx

Thank you folks for the advice. I gave it a go and used the 12% suntana. She showered after about 4 hours and she says the colour is fine. I have warned her that it might not last long but as she just needed the tan for tonight she's not too bothered. Xx

Latest posts

Back