uv gels which 1's best

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

galaxy

Reaction score
hello,
Can anyone help me choose a very good uv gel system. Someone recommended ibd, is this any good or is there a better one. Cos i haven't got a clue!!

I am an avid LCN user. I love the product, the training and the company. They have a gel for every eventuality so you never need to turn a client away because it doesn't suit their type of nail / lifestyle. However I would recommend starting with their phasique system which is self levelling as their Sculpture system takes a lot of patience to master.

I think they do training in Northampton too!!

I personally find the results I get from the Azkzentz range of gels, are wonderful.
Karen from NailsPlusBeauty is sooo helpful and will advise you on the range.
www.nailsplusbeauty.com

galaxy said:
hello,
Can anyone help me choose a very good uv gel system. Someone recommended ibd, is this any good or is there a better one. Cos i haven't got a clue!!

Hi ya,

I use NSI Blance Gel - its brill - your best bet is to buy samples if you can, of different ones and then stick to the one that works best with the results you want.

Lynn

I use NAILITE gels. I use the X-tra Hard Gel. It's awesome...

I think that Calgel is a very good system, the clients love it and love to work with it!

hi

Well i love Biosculpture for natural overlays and Brisa for sculpting and tip + overlay.

galaxy said:
hello,
Well love, it seems like every poster on here uses the best system!! You are really none the wiser now are you? :biggrin:

The answer is that every system 'works' so to speak or the companies would not be in business. So choose a system that is the most advanced and the least likely to cause you or your clients any problems and easiest for you.

If you want to try something that is the most technologically advanced, is hypo allergenic, easy to use, gorgeous, strong and does not contain any of the known allergens contained in other gels such as: acid, gluteraldehyde and acrylates, then try Brisa gels from Creative. It has been especially formulated to have all the best and positive things that gel has to offer, without the negative things.

You should definitely give Creative Brisa gel a try. It really is absolutely amazing, very bright and beautiful. Make sure to give it a try, or at least try to view a finished nail to see how nice they are.

Confusing isn't it?!? I use BioSculpture as well, and am very happy, but am sure there are other gels out there that I'd be equally happy with... and gels that would have strengths where biosculpture has weaknesses and vice versa!

My only bit of advice would be (and I wish I'd done this before I'd made a decision) to go to one of the shows and get a nail 'done' by each system.
Considering how busy they get, I would strongly advise getting a map/list of all the exhibitors and noting down up to 10 of the stands you want to visit (one for each nail! Just make sure you make a note of which product is on which nail!)
As well as observing how each nail lasts etc - I would ask loads of questions about training, product support, certification etc - there definitely seems to be a BIG difference in these areas.

It's tempting to go for one which seems cheaper initially but it seems the more expensive products / training courses will stand you in better stead (sp?) and cost you less in the long run.

HTH x

I have only tried Neways gel and Bio Sculpture Gel. Neways sucked big time. It only worked on one of my clients, all the rest it poped off on after a few days.

I like Bio Sculpture Gel becuase it is very flexible, never pops off. Clients do need to maintain their top coat with Bio Gel (replace every 4-7 days).

Im going to try Brisa to compare. I have seen brisa nails done and they look good, the white is very white and the clear is very shiny. The finished product looks much like Bio Sculpture.

Bio Sculpture is quick to apply wheras i hear Brisa has many more layers to apply.

The only thing i dont like about Bio Gel is that It does yellow from me smoking if i dont have my Clear coat on top to protect the gel. Apart from that, i never have lifting on my own nails.

~bec~ said:
I have only tried Neways gel and Bio Sculpture Gel. Neways sucked big time. It only worked on one of my clients, all the rest it poped off on after a few days.

Newways is a consumer product .. pants!

I like Bio Sculpture Gel becuase it is very flexible, never pops off. Clients do need to maintain their top coat with Bio Gel (replace every 4-7 days).

Im going to try Brisa to compare. I have seen brisa nails done and they look good, the white is very white and the clear is very shiny. The finished product looks much like Bio Sculpture.

Different type of gel altogether to BioS.

Bio Sculpture is quick to apply wheras i hear Brisa has many more layers to apply.

Brisa applys in a similar fashion to most other strong gels. There are no more, or less, steps.

The only thing i dont like about Bio Gel is that It does yellow from me smoking if i dont have my Clear coat on top to protect the gel. Apart from that, i never have lifting on my own nails.

You won't have lifting with Brisa Gels. And they do not yellow either ... very colour stable.
Enjoy the show.

Latest posts

Back