UV lamp question... Sorry!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bud

Reaction score
I know the recent thread has been closed, but I have a Q. that I was hoping for a specific answer to....

I've been following the earlier thread (and have been searching too, obvz!) to see if I can uncover a teeny bit more info that may help my current quandary .. I HAVE read and understood all the recent posts, so I'm just looking for some specific advice .. if anyone can help? (thanks in advance!)

I use Biosculpture .. And am DESPERATE for a new lamp. Biosculpture DO make their own lamp... it is pretty similar in price to the CND lamp (slightly cheaper), and although I'm sure the quality is great, it lacks many of the features of the CND lamp (5 finger cure amongst the many other selling points!).

So I decided to risk it and order the CND lamp, hoping it would effectively cure Biosculpture.. However, the more I read, the more I'm starting to think this may be a bad idea :(

I suppose what I'm asking for is some specific info on how the Bio lamp compares to the CND lamp in terms of UVA output?

If anyone can shed any light (uv, preferably!), please reply, or PM me if you dont want to publicly post (just because I realise this thread is causing some debate and controversy) .... I'll REALLY appreciate it!

Mwah! Xx

Based on what I've read, I would use the lamp recommended for the system I have chosen. HTH! :)

you would need to ask Bio?

Only they can tell you what lamp will PROPERLY CURE there product!

ring them tomorrow!

As Deanosnana has said it is highly recommended to use the Lamp that your manufactor recommends.
Please spend a lot of time reading all the threads and links to various articles about Lamps it's well worth taking the time to digest the information :hug:

I've been doing bio sculpture for years and use 2 lamps, 1 bio sculpture and the other is a brisa cnd lamp and I have no problems at all xx

If it is the LED lamp i don't think it will cure.

As Deanosnana has said it is highly recommended to use the Lamp that your manufactor recommends.
Please spend a lot of time reading all the threads and links to various articles about Lamps it's well worth taking the time to digest the information :hug:

Thanks Hun :) I have done just that already .. hoped I'd made that clear with my post, but maybs not ;) I can't find the specific info i'm looking for, so apologies if ive overlooked something obvious.

I know the generic answer is "use the lamp that goes with your brand of gel" .. I guess what I'm hoping for is someone to 'spill the beans' that actually the two lamps have an identical UVA output, so go for it! Lol!

I would usually just follow the manufacturer's recommendations, but I feel that the CND lamp has significant advantages in terms of it's features, so I felt it worth asking the question, in case someone had some
SPECIFIC info that would sway me either way...

Thanks for all your answers so far geeks :) xx

I've been doing bio sculpture for years and use 2 lamps, 1 bio sculpture and the other is a brisa cnd lamp and I have no problems at all xx

Thanks hun .. So do you find there is no discernible difference between the two in terms of how well the product cures / lasts?

Which lamp do you favour.. If any? (pm if you prefer! Lol) x

I know the generic answer is "use the lamp that goes with your brand of gel" .. I guess what I'm hoping for is someone to 'spill the beans' that actually the two lamps have an identical UVA output, so go for it! Lol!

The answer is not generic. It's not the UV output that is the issue. If you read Doug's article, it will give you a better understanding.

I agree with AmeliaR, call Bio and ask their recommendation. :)

The answer is not generic. It's not the UV output that is the issue. If you read Doug's article, it will give you a better understanding.

I agree with AmeliaR, call Bio and ask their recommendation. :)

Thanks for taking the time to reply :) I guess I'm missing something, because I've read the Doug Schoon article several times prior to posting this thread (and once since!), and I'm not sure what you are trying to point out to me? Could you elaborate please?

I will call Bio tmrw, but i predict they will recommend their own lamp. Why wouldn't they?

X

There is no doubt whatsoever that Bio will tell you MUST use their lamp.

I have 6 bio lamps and 2 cnd lamps .. the CND lamps are superior in every way and are well thought out.

Read between the lines.

Jacqui xx

No one is going to tell you the UV out put of the lamp, even us CND educator do not know!

But all you need to know it that the amount of UV light coming out of the CND UV Lamp will cure SHELLAC!

If other product manufactures say all you need is a 36 Watt lamp, then Yes the CND UV Lamp is 36 Watt so you could use it! as it takes 36 Watts of electricity but the company is not going to say you need to use a lamp with XXX UV Out put? it just gets to confusing and complected! which as you can see it is now!

So ring Bio and ask what they recommend using with there product?

I think we are all trying to point out the fact .... JUST USE THE LAMP YOU ARE TOLD TO AND STOP ASKING QUESTIONS!

As Doug said in the cookie anylogie.... If you were told that to cook the perfect pasta boil it for 9 minuets on gas mark 7, you would do it! you would ask well how much gas is actually coming out at gas mark 7? why gas mark 7? my pasta from tesco does that make a difference? can i turn it up to gas mark 9?

Can you see how it can get a bit .. well annoying!

Last edited:
No one is going to tell you the UV out put of the lamp, even us CND educator do not know!

But all you need to know it that the amount of UV light coming out of the CND UV Lamp will cure SHELLAC!

If other product manufactures say all you need is a 36 Watt lamp, then Yes the CND UV Lamp is 36 Watt so you could use it! as it takes 36 Watts of electricity but the company is not going to say you need to use a lamp with XXX UV Out put? it just gets to confusing and complected! which as you can see it is now!

I think we are all trying to point out the fact .... JUST USE THE LAMP YOU ARE TOLD TO AND STOP ASKING QUESTIONS!

As Doug said in the cookie anylogie.... If you were told that to cook the perfect pasta boil it for 9 minuets on gas make 7, you would do it! you would ask well how much gas is actually coming out at gas make 7? why gas mark 7? my pasta from tesco does that make a difference? can i turn it up to gas mark 9?

Would it be a little kinder to read the opening question and when you get annoyed to maybe stop reading and look at another thread instead.

Jacqui

Bio would be mad to tell you not to use their lamp!!

I have the Bio lamp but have just ordered the CND lamp as my 2nd - 5 finger cure, far better timer options....................

Go onto the Bio Group and read the thread "CND Lamp V's Bio Lamp" (sorry you'll have to type that into the search, I'm not sure how to make it a link), even Zingara says its OK to use CND lamp.

I'm all for using the whole system, but if there is something better out there and it works - for example - Bio UV Gel cures in 40 seconds, Bio Lamp only has 2 minute "beep" option - need I say more............

Jo xx

Would it be a little kinder to read the opening question and when you get annoyed to maybe stop reading and look at another thread instead.

Jacqui

Thank you :)

Se

As Doug said in the cookie anylogie.... If you were told that to cook the perfect pasta boil it for 9 minuets on gas make 7, you would do it! you would ask well how much gas is actually coming out at gas make 7? why gas mark 7? my pasta from tesco does that make a difference? can i turn it up to gas mark 9?

How very rude is that...:cool:

Can you see how it can get a bit ..well annoying!

Gosh.. Sorry i upset you. I very deliberately tried to word my post to avoid any confusion.

I'm not sure you meant it to sound this way, but your reply made me feel a little shocked .. I'm sure it was an unintentional tone tho .. Thanks for taking the time to post :)

Bio would be mad to tell you not to use their lamp!!

I have the Bio lamp but have just ordered the CND lamp as my 2nd - 5 finger cure, far better timer options....................

Go onto the Bio Group and read the thread "CND Lamp V's Bio Lamp" (sorry you'll have to type that into the search, I'm not sure how to make it a link), even Zingara says its OK to use CND lamp.

I'm all for using the whole system, but if there is something better out there and it works - for example - Bio UV Gel cures in 40 seconds, Bio Lamp only has 2 minute "beep" option - need I say more............

Jo xx

Thanks so much hun :) I'll stop stressing! Sounds like maybe I made a good choice after all! Here's to a busy and successful Xmas period! ;)

X

There is no doubt whatsoever that Bio will tell you MUST use their lamp.

I have 6 bio lamps and 2 cnd lamps .. the CND lamps are superior in every way and are well thought out.

Read between the lines.

Jacqui xx

Thanks so much :) big hugs for taking the time to give a helpful and kind reply x

There was no tone involve in my post i was simply answering the question :)

That was just in general! I dont understand why it is soo hard for people to just listen when we all tell them to use products as a system! more so in other cases then in this thread.

Ive lots count of how many times Ive had to explain about UV out put and using things as systems, how there designed to be used! but people still moan about it and just dont listen!

Examples on here saying the Bio will probably tell you to uses there lamp but we just use the CND one, if you did not know then fair enough

But if you ring up bio and ask what lamp you can use and they say only theres will cure bio properly, then that is the lamp you should use! can you not see were i am coming from?

If you then deiced to use another lamp that is your choice!

Personally i like to know I'm providing the best service to my client knowing its going to last! thats why i use the whole system lamp included!

another option if you wanted to use the CND UV Lamp would be to use Shellac :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back