UV lamp question... Sorry!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are many threads on here going way back that will tell you that a Brisa lamp will cure Bio (but not the other way around) so you should be fine.

To be fair many gels are similar we cant all be buying new lamps everytime we change our gel system.I use a bio lamp on calgel and a calgel lamp on bio if im working quickly and want to use two lamps.

I also use them on my hard gel system eventhough i also have the lamp for that system as well.I do this because the Calgel lamp will cure 5 fingers and the hard gel lamp wont.

can you not see were i am coming from?

Yes, I can see where you are coming from. In my first and subsequent posts I acknowledged that general consensus would be to use the lamp manufactured by the brand I use.

But I hoped I had made my reasons clear for hoping that maybe the information exists that would demonstrate that the CND lamp is very similar to, if not identical to, the Biosculpture lamp - in respect of curing Biosculpture gel effectively.

I'm not trying to spend more money on a Cnd lamp just to be bloody-minded. It seems to be a superior lamp in terms of its features, which is why I am bothering to ask the question.

If I have phrased my question rudely or offensively then please let me know - because I'm a genuine person, who has tried to be particularly polite and friendly in this thread, bearing in mind the controversy of the recent (closed) thread. But if you were just irritated by the fact I asked the question, maybe you could have just ignored it?

Can you see where I'm coming from? :)

There are many threads on here going way back that will tell you that a Brisa lamp will cure Bio (but not the other way around) so you should be fine.

To be fair many gels are similar we cant all be buying new lamps everytime we change our gel system.I use a bio lamp on calgel and a calgel lamp on bio if im working quickly and want to use two lamps.

I also use them on my hard gel system eventhough i also have the lamp for that system as well.I do this because the Calgel lamp will cure 5 fingers and the hard gel lamp wont.

Thanks very much hun :)

Your reply has made me realise that maybe my search has been a bit limited as I'm using my phone .. And not THAT many threads showed up on my searches .. Maybe I'm missing some vital info?

Thanks for sharing your experience and opinion .. Very much appreciated xx

im just trying to get the point across as no one seems to be listening :)

Although what you have said i can not agree with

that the CND lamp is very similar to, if not identical to, the Biosculpture lamp - in respect of curing Biosculpture gel effectively.

How do you know that the CND lamp can cure Bio effectively?
Have bio done scientific research to support this?
Have CND done research to support this?
... No

But they have both does research to support that there lamp will not just effectively but complete a PROPER CURED NAIL, not under cured or over cured.

I agree with you! The CND Lamp is far Superior to any other Lamp out there, but that doesn't mean that you should just use it to cure anything and everything?

As i said you can use the CND UV Lamp the best products to use it with are Shellac and Brisa! :)

No you have not been rude :) not do i believe i have been i was just trying to explain clearly and constructively :) and actually give you advice :)

Bio were due to bring out an all singing/all dancing lamp but apparently, it all went a bit t&ts up and had to be withdrawn.

For my clients I use the appropriate system in it's entirety. I have 2 bio lamps in my salon room where I only use bio. I have a cnd lamp for shellac and I do my own nails in sculpting gel and shellac over using the cnd lamp.

To the op sorry but this thread is going the same way as the other one hopefully it will be closed like the exact same one today was :-/

To the op sorry but this thread is going the same way as the other one hopefully it will be closed like the exact same one today was :-/

I dont think it needs to be closed.We do need to be able to discuss lamps.

Calgel do actually say that you do not have to use their lamp.Not every system has to have its own lamp.Some of the lamps that are provided by companies are not actually that good.

There are some really good generic lamps out there to buy that must be curing many gels ,very well.

What if someone wants to do feet. I certainly couldnt do them in my hard gel lamp that came with my system as its far too small.

Last edited:
im just trying to get the point across as no one seems to be listening :)

Although what you have said i can not agree with

that the CND lamp is very similar to, if not identical to, the Biosculpture lamp - in respect of curing Biosculpture gel effectively.

You have mis-read / misunderstood what I said here... Please re-read the full paragraph.

But I hoped I had made my reasons clear for hoping that maybe the information exists that would demonstrate that the CND lamp is very similar to, if not identical to, the Biosculpture lamp - in respect of curing Biosculpture gel effectively.
[/B]

I didn't claim they were identical. I said I hoped someone would tell me that they were identical, for the reasons that I outlined.

I think that maybe you are not taking the time to read my posts in full, and jumping to conclusions about the questions I am asking?

Regardless .. Thanks again to everyone who took the time to reply.

I have somehow have spent FAR more time posting on this thread than it really warrants... And I'm sure you can think of better ways to spend a Sunday evening too.

Na night! ;)

X

Bio were due to bring out an all singing/all dancing lamp but apparently, it all went a bit t&ts up and had to be withdrawn.

For my clients I use the appropriate system in it's entirety. I have 2 bio lamps in my salon room where I only use bio. I have a cnd lamp for shellac and I do my own nails in sculpting gel and shellac over using the cnd lamp.

Ooh that's an interesting bit of info! Thanks hun :)

X

Awwwww I hope not! :(

Could i possibly make a suggestion geekies? This site is invaluable for advice and help about so many things but with regards to whether the cnd lamp will cure other products the only person who can answer that for you is the companies that sell those products to you. For instance if you look at sweet squared they give information on their site that says quote for guaranteed shellac and Brisa results you must use the new cnd lamp or the cnd vintage Brisa lamp. The use of any other lamp will result in undercurring. Whilst i understand that the op is not asking about shellac being cured under a different lamp I'm just trying to illustrate a manufacturers stance and advice being displayed clearly on their site. What one tech does on here when using a certain lamp for a different brand on their different range of products and getting 'no problems' really is irrelevant, what is relevant is what the manufacturer of your products says with regards to what lamp can be used.

We also need to consider insurance in this equation too, do you have an insurance policy that specifically states the WHOLE system including the lamp needs to used or will they void the claim if they found out you had either gone against or not sought the advice from the manufacturer. This to me is as important as whether something cures, over cures or undercures.

The questions i am asking are not ones i think that can be answered on this forum as i believe you need to go to the horses mouth and get it in writing. Writing a little much? So is an insurance claim that you personally have to fund if you're found liable for whatever reason and your insurance wont pay out because you were found to be using incorrect products and equipment going against manufacturers guide lines.

I do understand we all ask questions here and i wouldnt want to take that away, and i also know its the weekend and your relevant companies may not be open to ask, but as said the correct information you will receive is from the manufacturers and insurance companies themselves.

Love n hugs all x o x

Last edited:
Could i possibly make a suggestion geekies? This site is invaluable for advice and help about so many things but with regards to whether the cnd lamp will cure other products the only person who can answer that for you is the companies that sell those products to you. For instance if you look at sweet squared they give information on their site that says quote for guaranteed shellac and Brisa results you must use the new cnd lamp or the cnd vintage Brisa lamp. The use of any other lamp will result in undercurring. Whilst i understand that the op is not asking about shellac being cured under a different lamp I'm just trying to illustrate what the stance from certain companies are. What one tech does on here when using a certain lamp for a different brand on their different range of products and getting 'no problems' really is irrelevant, what is relevant is what the manufacturer of your products says with regards to what lamp can be used.

We also need to consider insurance in this equation too, do you have an insurance policy that specifically states the WHOLE system including the lamp needs to used or will they void the claim if they found out you had either gone against or not sought the advice from the manufacturer. This to me is as important as whether something cures, over cures or undercures.

The questions i am asking are not ones i think that can be answered on this forum as i believe you need to go to the horses mouth and get it in writing. Writing a little much? So is an insurance claim that you personally have to fund should you be found to be using incorrect products and equipment because you were found liable but your insurance became void.

I do understand we all ask questions here and i wouldnt want to take that away, and i also know its the weekend and your relevant companies may not be open to ask, but as said the correct information you will receive is from the manufacturers and insurance companies themselves.

Love n hugs all x o x

Good point thanks :)

I know the recent thread has been closed, but I have a Q. that I was hoping for a specific answer to....

I've been following the earlier thread (and have been searching too, obvz!) to see if I can uncover a teeny bit more info that may help my current quandary .. I HAVE read and understood all the recent posts, so I'm just looking for some specific advice .. if anyone can help? (thanks in advance!)

I use Biosculpture .. And am DESPERATE for a new lamp. Biosculpture DO make their own lamp... it is pretty similar in price to the CND lamp (slightly cheaper), and although I'm sure the quality is great, it lacks many of the features of the CND lamp (5 finger cure amongst the many other selling points!).

So I decided to risk it and order the CND lamp, hoping it would effectively cure Biosculpture.. However, the more I read, the more I'm starting to think this may be a bad idea :(

I suppose what I'm asking for is some specific info on how the Bio lamp compares to the CND lamp in terms of UVA output?

If anyone can shed any light (uv, preferably!), please reply, or PM me if you dont want to publicly post (just because I realise this thread is causing some debate and controversy) .... I'll REALLY appreciate it!

Mwah! Xx

Obviously, this is a very controversial issue, but I think your situation can best be handled by contacting BioSculpture. They can give you not only the answer you need, but maybe the logic behind it. Many manufacturers allow the use of other manufacturers' lights - Gelish, ACG, Geleration allow different brands' CFL UV lights, for example, although they don't advertise it in bright lights. And let's face it, they're making their money off your using the product, not your buying the light. Call BioSculpture, ask them, ask them for an explanation and then make your decision.

Obviously, this is a very controversial issue, but I think your situation can best be handled by contacting BioSculpture. They can give you not only the answer you need, but maybe the logic behind it. Many manufacturers allow the use of other manufacturers' lights - Gelish, ACG, Geleration allow different brands' CFL UV lights, for example, although they don't advertise it in bright lights. And let's face it, they're making their money off your using the product, not your buying the light. Call BioSculpture, ask them, ask them for an explanation and then make your decision.

Excellent advice and I hope you get your answers today Bud.

For the record the 'other' lamp thread mentioned here was not closed for any reason to do with lamps!
Unfortunately that discussion/debate went slightly of the rails due to other reasons I won't go into, but as it was going to detract from all the great information given on it the roadblocks went up!

This thread has always been about lamps, and although heated at times, as people have put their points across quite strongly, Bud has taken it all in her stride.

A good thread then!

excellent advice and i hope you get your answers today bud.

For the record the 'other' lamp thread mentioned here was not closed for any reason to do with lamps!
Unfortunately that discussion/debate went slightly of the rails due to other reasons i won't go into, but as it was going to detract from all the great information given on it the roadblocks went up!

This thread has always been about lamps, and although heated at times, as people have put their points across quite strongly, bud has taken it all in her stride.

A good thread then!

:) :)

I use Bio Sculpture and Shellac. I have 2 Bio lamps and 1 CND (planning to get another to speed up the treatment).

I've never tried curing Bio under a CND lamp, but I had to use my Bio lamp to cure Shellac. I had to do this when my CND lamp set on fire with a client's hand in it! I then painted my nails with Shellac, using the Bio lamp and it chipped off not even 24 hours later. The CND Lamp and Bio Lamp
are BOTH 36 watt lamps.

I experimented last week again to see if there was something I had done, that had caused it to chip and was very careful with my nails. After only 1 hour it chipped.

It may seem like the various companies are just exploiting you, getting you to spend more money buy saying THEY HIGHLY RECOMMEND you buy their lamp. However given my experience, there is a reason for it, and it may be expensive for the initial outlay but it is worth it.

I use Bio Sculpture and Shellac. I have 2 Bio lamps and 1 CND (planning to get another to speed up the treatment).

I've never tried curing Bio under a CND lamp, but I had to use my Bio lamp to cure Shellac. I had to do this when my CND lamp set on fire with a client's hand in it! I then painted my nails with Shellac, using the Bio lamp and it chipped off not even 24 hours later. The CND Lamp and Bio Lamp
are BOTH 36 watt lamps.

I experimented last week again to see if there was something I had done, that had caused it to chip and was very careful with my nails. After only 1 hour it chipped.

It may seem like the various companies are just exploiting you, getting you to spend more money buy saying THEY HIGHLY RECOMMEND you buy their lamp. However given my experience, there is a reason for it, and it may be expensive for the initial outlay but it is worth it.

Thanks hun, that's interesting. :)

As I said before, it's not because I don't want to fork out the cash .. The Cnd lamp costs more, so financially I'd be better off with the Bio lamp :)

Thanks for your reply.. Gonna give bio a call! ;)

Hi Bud. I think you are asking a valid question and have obviously done your best at trawling though all the threads. Unfortunately, you have had a couple of heavy handed replies and the reply to 'stop asking questions' is nonsense after your carefully explained question. As is the "no one is listening to ME!".

You've also had a few good answers. To add another: I don't think anyone can give you the exact answer you need, I.e. Is the output of the 2 lamps identical. The reason I think this is that CND will have researched and carefully measured the output of their lamp by a variety of measurements (not just the bulbs) so that it exactly matches the photoinitiator requirement in their product. Bio will have probably done the same. But they are unlikely to have done the same testing on other brands lamps and if they had it is unlikely they would provide that info (why would they?).

So I think you need to take notice of all the info and facts that you have already read and come to your own conclusion after asking Bio for their information.

Good luck

I think Marian has brought this thread to a perfect end.

Thanks Marian!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back