UV lamps - please help me save money!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss Wild

Reaction score
Hi again,:lol:

I'm going on an acrygel course and need a UV lamp, before I buy the lamp I want to invest in one that can be used for Shellac, other gels, and minx nails as these are things I want to get into. It seems sensible to buy a lamp that can be used on all products but is this simple?

Really sorry dont mean to be lazy by asking and not looking this up but I have so many questions permanently whizzing around my head that there just isnt enough time in the day to find all the answers while working full time in a completely seperate industry!!

Please help before I drive myself insane!

Thank you muchly xxxxx

You are asking at least 3 questions at once and wanting just the one answer!

Acrygel and 'other gels' need their own lamp. Shellac needs its own lamp (it works for Brisa gels too). Minx is NOT a UV lamp. It is an infra red lamp that is totally different.

Don't shortcut and do you research thoroughly! It's your money and your time so spend it wisely!

not 100% but im sure minx needs infa red lamp an shellac needs uv?? so u would need to lamps xx

Hi again,:lol:

I'm going on an acrygel course and need a UV lamp, before I buy the lamp I want to invest in one that can be used for Shellac, other gels, and minx nails as these are things I want to get into. It seems sensible to buy a lamp that can be used on all products but is this simple?

Really sorry dont mean to be lazy by asking and not looking this up but I have so many questions permanently whizzing around my head that there just isnt enough time in the day to find all the answers while working full time in a completely seperate industry!!

Please help before I drive myself insane!

Thank you muchly xxxxx

Hello :)
Minx uses an infra red heat lamp, not a uv one, so you would need to purchase one of these.
And shellac needs the cnd lamp to ensure full optimum results, and for you to be able to guarantee your shellac will last.
Some geeks on here have experienced difficulties when using a different lamp.

There really is tonnes of information on uv lamps on here, You should always use the lamp recommended by the company you choose to work with

HTH x

Well there is only one lamp that will reliably cure Shellac and that is a CND UV lamp ... end of story.

MINX does not require a UV Lamp .. it requires the heat of an infra red lamp .. so completely different.

UV Lamps are SPECIFIC to their system .. so use the lamps that are recommended for the gel system you are using and if you are using two different systems then you will most likely need two different lamps.

Thank you both for your advice, and sorry for all these questions, I really appreciate your input. Looks like 3 different devices will eventually be required - more expense :cry:

I'll get there in the end...

And thanks to everyone else who has offered advice too xxx:hug:

speculate to accumulate ! lol. seriously though it can be an expensive start off, but will be worth it in the end for you, if you put everything in x
why dont you just go with CND to begin with, if you are adamant you want to do shellac and minx, makes sense to do everything with the same company hun ?, what made you choose to go with acrygel ?

I trained with a few systems before settling with cnd when s2 was created ( ? if thats the right word)
Amazing people, amazing products... You have nothing to lose with them x

Ah, thanks for that, I have the same philosophy as you, but Im going to uni in Sept so it's difficult for me to justify spending as much as I want (especially as this is unknown terratory for me - Im actually studying radiography having worked in the NHS for some time now! But I love all that I'm learning here and I'm really enjoying myself!)

The acrygel course was free with Michelle Porter having completed thir acrylics/fibreglass course (well 'free' except you have to buy the products!) But I hope to earn that back.

I really want to use CND - infact I emailed S2 yesterday, once I have used my MP products I want to go with CND - and having looked on here they appear to be the most popular.

Latest posts

Back