UV Nail Lamps

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leah30

Reaction score
Hi can anyone tell me if the 36w uv lamps on ebay for about 26.00 pound any good.

Thanks Leah:lol:

Hi can anyone tell me if the 36w uv lamps on ebay for about 26.00 pound any good.

I would buy form a beauty suppliers not from ebay, you don't know what you are getting and if you have any problems with your lamp its easy to go back to the suppliers to get help.

Sallys had one on special for £50.00 a few weeks ago and its a good one.

x

You need to buy the uv lamp that is recommended for the product you use x

hi
I got a uv lamp from the wholesalers i found it didnt dry the gel in
90 sec and didnt turn on sometimes
so i got one off ebay for £26 and had no probs at all
and it is much better than the one i paid £70 for
:green::green:

Hi, I have always been thought to buy the lamp of the same brand as the gel. Most of the time buying cheap stuff means buying twice. I would never buy something like a uv lamp from ebay (have notheing against ebay, I buy things such as books, dvds, games etc) but not professional items.
What if it won't work well with your system. I wouldn't risk.

good luck
zringa

Hi, I have always been thought to buy the lamp of the same brand as the gel. Most of the time buying cheap stuff means buying twice.
Agree with this 200%, unfortunately been there, done that! Costs twice as much in the end!

I would never buy something like a uv lamp from ebay (have notheing against ebay, I buy things such as books, dvds, games etc) but not professional items.
What if it won't work well with your system. I wouldn't risk.
Agree with this too, I think I remember being told in training that if your gel isn't cured all the way through then you may be putting your client at risk of overexposure. Then your client can't have enhancements any more, and you lose your client.

good luck
zringa

I'd really say use the lamp for your chosen system hun, I've seen that advice several times on here.

Hope that helps? :hug:

hi
I got a uv lamp from the wholesalers i found it didnt dry the gel in
90 sec and didnt turn on sometimes
so i got one off ebay for £26 and had no probs at all
and it is much better than the one i paid £70 for
:green::green:
If you found that the lamp from the wholesalers wasn't any good at curing the gel (as opposed to drying it!) then surely you should have taken it back and asked them whether there was a fault with that lamp... either that or you were using it with a gel that wasn't matched to it, it's extremely important to use the right lamp for the gel for more reasons that just curing.

http://www.salongeek.com/general-articles/35947-choosing-uv-lamp-your-gel-system.html

I'd go with the choose the lamp for the system....

BUT I have seen at least one (highend) productrange that states : can be cured using any 36watt uv-lamp and thy did not have a lamp? Is this the case with your gel range?

Last edited:
Hi thanks for all the replies, sorry took a while replying dog knocked me off the stairs and have done my ankle in so have been in hospital since tueday.

i am not trained yet and dont really know what products i will be using. i just wanted to practice on friends and family till i start training.

Thanks everyone, take care

Leah :hug:

I just wanted to practice on friends and family till I start training.
Bad habits can and will be formed by practising before having training, your educator will have a hard job, as will you, at breaking any bad habits you've formed while 'practising'. You're best off waiting for your training IMO :green:

hth's

I would stick with the lamp that goes with the gel. There was an interesting article in the Australian Professional Beauty (Jan/Feb 09) by A Doug Schoon (Chief Scientific Advisor, CND) about UV nails and curing. It basically says that the UVA is what cures the gel, but wattage doesn't necessary reflect how much UVA is being omitted. It also has a bit that says that just because a gel nail looks cured doesn't mean that it is and under curing can lead to nails that are prone to "staining, lifting, breakage and increased risk of developing product related allergies". On the other hand over curing (i.e., too much UVA intensity) can lead to the nail curing too quickly and over heating and causing serious burns to clients nail beds.
HTH :)

thanks for all the replies peeps.

could anyone recommend a good name for gel products and l&p products that are reasonably priced please.

Thanks again
limping leah:hug:

Latest posts

Back