UV topcoat

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ecornwill

Reaction score
I am currently using Precison UV dry top coat and everytime I use it, it ends up cracking and my nails look stupid. Not sure if im not allowing my nail polish dry enough, or if my uv topcoat is too thick or thin, i am curing them for 2-3 minutes as advised on the packaging. can anyone help please?

Polish is more than likely not dry enough--this causes the harder UV product to crack over the top of the softer polish. Try using thinner coats and drying the polish in a dryer for 6 minutes.

thanks very much, i have been doing a little research, and i think it ight possibly be that some uv top coats cannot go straight over nail polish!!! i think i may have that problem. do u know of any good ones?

Some can't, I think, but what I do on myself sometimes, or on ladies who want to keep their nail art perfect for a few weeks, is get them to come back the day after. Gently take the shine off the nails, without budging the polish/nailart/topcoat and then put gel top coat on. That way, any polish or nail art is completely bone dry. It hs to be bone dry for the top coat to work, or it will just crack as said, or the polish will wrinkle underneath. I learnt this tip from anothergeek, and it works really well. Hth x x

You can use Star Nails Quattro over the top of nail polish with no cracking it takes 3 mins to dry under the lamp hope this helps x

I have used Seche Vit UV top coat over polish and drys for 3 mins it works well. It has to be removed with acetone based remover the non acetone takes forever to remove it.

thanks everyone for your help :D

I use Ezflow uv 30 top coat and it's brill!! Gives such a gorgeous shine and sounds weird but it's sort of thick in the way that it protects really well! AND..everytime i've used it it's dried in under a min!
Posted via Mobile Device

You can use Star Nails Quattro over the top of nail polish with no cracking it takes 3 mins to dry under the lamp hope this helps x

I use Quottro over nail varnish too, it works great, you have to make sure that the polish is really dry though.

Latest posts

Back