Vaccination

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ali webber

Reaction score
:rolleyes: Hi There

Just wondered how many of you qulaified techs have the Hep B Vaccination, which is a recommended requirement from local councils (I believe). asked my Doctor about it, who charge £100 (money upfront). Any comments would be appreciated.

:rolleyes: Hi There

Just wondered how many of you qulaified techs have the Hep B Vaccination, which is a recommended requirement from local councils (I believe). asked my Doctor about it, who charge £100 (money upfront). Any comments would be appreciated.

:eek: really?

Do we get into contact with blood frequently in the nail salon?

The rules are that if you cut a client you would dispose of all files and buffers used, and as for your tools, you would sterilise them. So why would we need a hepb vaccination?

I certainly wouldn't spend 100.00 on one. But if you are sufficiently worried then go for it.

£100??
Sounds a bit steep
Am sure my GP said it was about £30.......

Well that has certainly put my mind at rest and me in my place. I felt it was a bit of an overkill, because as you say, if ever I have caused limbs to fall off or gushers to gush, I always throw away any contaminated files and ensure area completely disenfected and dispose of the bodies in the garden. So thanks for clearing that up and saving me £100 - I'm off to the pub!
:lol:

Definately no need for this course of injections in a salon worker...more useful for doctors and nurses.

My Doctors only charge the price of a perscription which i think is about £7.50 .

x

Thanks guys for all your comments. God I love this site, it is so helpful. Feel a bit of a twit with my questions but really appreaciate that you have taken the time and effort to reply. Thanks again x

I am currently going through the stages of having the Hep B injections. I am a Beauty Therapist but am training in Semi Permanent make up in April so have been advised to get the injection.

It is a course of three injections, followed by a blood test.

It is £99.50!!!

I am able to pay as I go, which means I have the 1st injection which is £41.50, the 2nd injection a month later which is £16.50, the 3rd injection 6 months after the date of the 1st injection which is also £16.50 followed by a blood test to check how the injections have worked which is £25.00.

Bit ridiculous though, as my doctors surgery will not do mine, I have to go to the doctors that is about 1 mile up the road.... strange!!!

as i do pmu i also had hep b jab. when i told the nurse at drs surgery why i was having it she agreed it was best practise, and put on form i was visiting india (or similar) on vacation so no charge!

It's a £100 for your health. To me, it's well worth it but thats just my opinion xxx

I know this is going off the subject slightly, but does anyone get a flu jab?
I had so many clients coughing and sneezing all over me ( and my colleagues ) before Xmas, and we all ended up ill with either cold, cough or sickness virus, that I was thinking I might pay to have it done this year. A scientist friend who works on flu viruses suggested it to me although it had crossed my mind before.

Latest posts

Back