Varnish, how long it lasts?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teresajay

Reaction score
I did a solar manicure on Friday and the lady had a french on her nails, I used scrubfresh on her nails before applying the varnish but tonite while I was at college she collected some solar oil that she had asked me to get for her, my husband took the money and said that she commented that the varnish did not last long (she says she always wears gloves), my husband said she showed him her nails some where chipped and some had none on at all. I know the varnish should last longer than that but how long should it last? and what do you think I did wrong, she also commented on how small the bottle of solar was, I charged her £3.50 for it. I fell a bit yuk now, you that feeling when the client is not particulary happy so I dont suppose I will see her again. I was just starting to feel more confident as well.:cry:

Hi ya Hun, which base coat did you use ????
Stickey is my fav........it provides a real stickey base for the enamel to cling to..........
Then speedy or seche vite for a good top coat..........
I have clients that can wear enamel for a week and no chip, whilst others chip theirs within 4-5 days........ the might wear gloves when washing up, but there are other things like soaking in the bath, that is just as bad........... soaking in bubble bath is like soaking in detergent........and some do this for 1 hour at a time and then wonder why the namel doesn't last as long ......
so don't be to hard on your self, just be prepared to be ready for questions like this !!!!!

As for the mini solar oils, well some will quibble over the price, but it is the best..IMHO... a bottle that size will last a month........... so £3.50 a month for a kick butt product, is not much..........just tell them, the best buy is the larger size lol ..........
JMHO

hiya Ruth, thanks for that I normally use sticky but she had quite deep rodges in her nails so I used salon sytems ridge filling basecoat as I did not have any others a the time, Ive now bought an OPI one as for the enamel and topcoat they were all creative, should I still have used sticky and also I was gonna offer to repaint her nails, what do you think?

Teresa:)

Hi sweetie, *Hug*

I always use Sticky, it is the best at anchoring polish. Something similar is Orly Bonder base. For ridges, I use Sech Base, and the top coat I use is always Seche Vite. In this situation, I would re-polish her nails, it would show that you are concerned, and are trying to ensure that she is satisfied with your service.

hi

For the sake of good customer service i would definatley repolish her nails. I sell the mini solar oils for 2.95.

I use stickey, with either Creative or OPI enamels. Find both will last for a week or more. Finish with speedy or Out the door ( fast drying for clients who think they can drive their car after waiting two minutes for the polish to dry )

Latest posts

Back