Vconfused!please help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miss belle

Reaction score
:eek:hiya all!

i have two questions to ask you...sorry if they are silly!

my hairdresser has asked me if i want to rent the two rooms above her salon, so i went to see her yesterday and everything seems good, the room and rent is fine e.t.c.

but she asked me if i was trained in dermalogica which i am as she wants to use this product, which i love but she said shes not opening an account with them but buying the salon products off a company online.

i am confused to if am aloud to use there products without an account?

and also she as a girl working there at the miinute and wants her to work with me doing nails which i thought that was fine as she only does that and i do all the beauty side aswell but the girl is still training and charging £8 per set!?

the owner is in two minds wether to keep her,as she as had loads of clients coming back with complaints. i know shes only training but i just wanted to know is it legal for her to be working in the salon unqualified?

also if shes charging £8 no1 will want me to do a set for them at £25-£30 ! and if people are complaining already it will make the buisness look bad for both of us?

sorry to rabble on but im confused if its ok to do this and also if im making the right choice!

thanks for listening :smack:xxx

heya chick....
i'm not sure i am much help but here goes :)
i had this same situation happen to me in my first salon, there were girls who were still training doing treatments on clients (not even for half price)..im not sure as to the legal side...but obviously any insurance that the owner has will not be valid for this girl as i am pretty darrrrn sure you cannot be insured as a therapist carrying out treatments if you aren't quaified :confused::irked: if you get what i mean! and as u say, people may not want to pay your full price when they've been charged £8..

i know that they train you for all their treatments/face mapping etc, but i am looking into renting a room as well as being mobile myself...and the vibe im getting is that most places you use your own products anyone!it may b diff where u are tho chick!

but if i were you i would get in touch with dermalogica and take it up with them chick!hope i'v helped in some way lol:lol:

Don't know about the dermalogica situation, but as regards the trainee nail girl, could she not work alongside you but making it clear to clients that as she is a trainee, her nails are £8 whilst yours are £25? that way they get what they pay for - personally if it was me I'd rather have someone fully qualified who does the job properly, and pay more. Even the clients who go to her might soon change over to you if they are dissatisfied with her nails.
Also, it's unethical not to let them know she's unqualified, not illegal but if anything goes wrong, and as she would not be insured, the salon owner would be liable.

thanks for your replys im going to see her today so will discuss everything and think i should ring dermalogica thanksxxx

You will need to have another meeting with her before you decide anything! You are only allowed to buy Dermalogica if you have an account as Dermalogica track their products and salons who use them and invest in training so the therapist is always up to date with any changes. It is the same as people who buy products from ebay (I'm not starting a ebay discussion) You have no back up and have no idea where it comes from. My sister-inlaw is a therapist and she cannot even buy much and has to pretend she is STILL training as she will have to invest in the whole product line for her home salon if she wants to use it. She did start buying products from Strawberry something and got caught at customs - serves her right :smack: Now regarding the nails if you are renting the rooms YOU will have to rent another desk out if you need help. This girl does not sound properly trained nor insured tho that may not be the case. Either way it does not matter as her nails skills do not match your own so she doesnt need to be there. I think you will be fine running the business yourself and it will give you much satisfaction its possible you need someone to help but if another person is thrown into the mix will they need to share the cost?, do they get a portion of the money you bring in? etc. etc.

Latest posts

Back