Venting - friend's business being an unqualified tech

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kasey590

Reaction score
Ok. So I have a friend who has decided to go and make a BUSINESS out of being an unqualified nail tech. Her reasoning is she's been doing her own for 2 years so she can do it and still charge cheap and chips. She has no desire to be qualified and her friend is doing it with her. It wouldn't bother me as much if it were just for friends and family but she's actually made a business page and is using it to advertise cheap prices so she can make money. She hasn't got a qualification (as i said lol) so she can't buy professional product so whatever she is using isn't going to cut it. She has no intention of being qualified at all and here I am paying a stack of money to get qualified and she's doing this! It's annoying as hell!

Stop looking at what they are doing and focus your energy on what your business is doing.

NOTHING good will come from you stressing over this situation.

They have no qualifications, they can't buy many good quality products and they can't get INSURANCE.
WHEN something goes wrong & someone sues them (as let's face it they don't really know what they are doing so WILL be doing lots of things wrong & there are plenty of people out there looking for a quick few quid via compensation) they will regret not having a qualification & insurance as it will be them liable to pay out.

Just go and put all the energy you can into making sure all your advertising states that you are qualified & insured & make sure that you are providing your clients with the best you can.

I completely agree with baggy bear but I'd probably report their page to Facebook just to make myself feel better when it gets removed haha xx

Stop looking at what they are doing and focus your energy on what your business is doing.

NOTHING good will come from you stressing over this situation.

They have no qualifications, they can't buy many good quality products and they can't get INSURANCE.
WHEN something goes wrong & someone sues them (as let's face it they don't really know what they are doing so WILL be doing lots of things wrong & there are plenty of people out there looking for a quick few quid via compensation) they will regret not having a qualification & insurance as it will be them liable to pay out.

Just go and put all the energy you can into making sure all your advertising states that you are qualified & insured & make sure that you are providing your clients with the best you can.

Baggybear, I hope you've got your post saved somewhere to copy and paste as we seem to need it every couple of days on a new thread!

Thanks everyone. It's so annoying when all I'm trying to do is go the right way about it but there are dodgy people everywhere lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I completely agree with baggy bear but I'd probably report their page to Facebook just to make myself feel better when it gets removed haha xx
There is no reason that her facebook page would be deleted, it's not illegal to start a beauty business without qualifications as we have no regulations here in th UK, it's not against facebook rules to advertise such a business either.

Just put ALL your energy into your own business & be the best you can be, that is what will give you rewards, not WASTING your time & energy on other people's businesses.

Ignore her and remember these fine words ..

Her bad quality will come through.

Even if she makes money, one suit will end her... because if she isn't qualified i'm pretty sure she isn't disinfecting anything properly, she probably isn't taking care of anyone/anything she should.

word of mouth of bad quality won't only ruin a business, it will ruin a person's reputation in everything they do.

Don't fret, if she comes to you for anything, don't offer help or anything else. There are people just not worth your worry or mind's thought.

well all know the saying, "people are their own worst enemy".

She isn't competition in the slightest so don't worry. She probably won't get return clients because her nails won't last and even if the clients did go back to her you probably wouldn't want them anyway. Don't worry about her just focus on you x

On the other hand she might do very well with the type of clients she will attract which are the type of clients most of us wish NOT to attract! :)

There are not only dodgy people doing the job, but dodgy people who want the job done ! Opportunists .. Cheap skates .. The kind who feel good when they think they've been clever to 'buck the system'. Let them get on with it, I say; that is not the area in which I wIsh to perform or have my business. But it seems many do so let them all find each other so that they keep away from my doors.

Thanks so much everyone.
I can only hope I do well and see what happens!!!

Latest posts

Back