Veruccas???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Boogaloo said:
Not sure if I spelt it correctly, but I went to do a pedicure on my Hubbie and found 2 veruccas....

Did not carry out pedicure but was wondering what he can do to get rid of them, Basuka??? apparently will make them worse according to my trainer, Any Suggestions???

wnet to a holstic course recently and the tutor was explaining to a lady on the course that banana skins get rid of these. u need to selotpe it to the area overnight and repeat until gone. don't know if it work !!!!

Wartner worked on my dd. She had them all over her feet. I took the hard skin off with footfile (only used for her and sterilised) each day and treated with wartner. THE big ones took a while, but did go in the end.

Ivy

WOW it's really weird this thread has been resurrected as my eldest son decided to tell me tonight he has a verucca....O M G....it looks like a cauliflower tbh.
Where's the puke icon when you need it????
NOW...I remember that nail enamel can get rid of warts because it basically starves them of oxygen...is it true with verrucas??
If not he's wearing the worst colour I've ever bought on his foot....:eek::)

I had 2 verrucas for what seemed like ages when I was younger and I used Salicylic pads, im not sure if there still available, but any pad/plaster with Salicylic acid in will work wonders.
I used thwm and after a few days it pulled out the verruca-like a stalk-bliss and VERY QUICK!!!!
hth

I'll have to go to Boots etc.....he's obviously had it a while and never mentioned it.
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Why are boys so yuck?

I had one for about 16 years that wouldnt go even after the doctor pulled it out! It went when i started filing it and making it bleed plus i've been taking supplements for my immune system. Definatly start taking supplement and you'l hjave beautiful feet in no time!!
Posted via Mobile Device

Can you get veruccas beneath the free edge on your toes?

I'm asking because I have been to do a file and polish on my mother-in-law's toes. She didn't want me to as she said her feet were awful but feet don't bother me. Anyway, she has one toe nail that grows extremely thickly at the tip. Couldn't see any sign of fungal infection in it just very thick. I clipped the nail back a little and then smoothed the free edge and lightly buffed the ridges but I noticed that where I had clipped the free edge down and then smoothed it, there were three little black dots in there.. like the ones found in veruccas :eek:

Has anyone seen anything like this before?

I'm a pharmacy tech and have been reading this with interest, thereare many misconceptions about warts/verrucas so I just thought I'd clear up a few things...

1. A wart and a verruca are the same, escept a verruca occurs on the sole of the foot, and the constant pressure it's under causes the wart to embed into the sole. Ouch!

2. Warts are not 'parasites' and don't have roots. They are caused by a virus which infects a skin cell, then as such causes the skin to grow excessively (hyperproliferation (sp)), giving the cauliflower appearance. The black dots are the ends of blood capillaries, not roots. So basically, warts and veruccas are just dead skin.

3. Salicylic acid (bazuka) does work, as it dissolves dead skin, but you need to be persistent, they take months to go. Tea tree also works, but takes longer.

A chiropodist recommended the duct tape thing, not tried it myself but I have read a medical paper on it where it was trialled and it worked. HTH

Hi, we came back from Tenerife n my middle son was complaining of sore feet, 11!!!!! Verrucca's!! I bought the freezing stuff "Wartner" Couldnt apply it for him screaming!! Went to Boots Pharmacy & bought their own brand for a few quid worked a treat so id defo reccomend it!! Cant remember name, but it comes on little circle patches, honestly try it! Good Luck xx

Latest posts

Back