Veruccas???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boogaloo

Reaction score
Not sure if I spelt it correctly, but I went to do a pedicure on my Hubbie and found 2 veruccas....

Did not carry out pedicure but was wondering what he can do to get rid of them, Basuka??? apparently will make them worse according to my trainer, Any Suggestions???

My chiropodist (now podiatrist!) said that Bazooka was a load of rubbish and recommended something else, I think it was called something like Acclusal, but I could be way off line. If you ask to speak to the pharamcist they can give advice about products that you can get without needing a prescription.

My daughter went to the doctor about hers and was told they no longer freeze them off on the national health as it's too epxensive and she would just have to wait for it to go of its own accord!!

my daughter too had them - and like sassy, was told leave them alone and they'll go of their own accord...
if all else fails, isn't there an old wives tale about dandelions and waining moons!

Thank you, he just wants a pedicure!! lol

i used to freeze other peoples verrucas and warts with liquid nitrogen,when i worked in a sick bay
any how with having three boys who like swimming, i use wartner its from boots (over the counter) and works on the same principal as liquid nitrogen its in a pressurised container you apply a foam applicator place on wart or verruca and push the container and it freezes the area, after a few applications the wart and verruca drops off..........i must say i am impressed and it does work.

My niece saw a chiropodist about hers a few weeks ago and he told her to use tea tree oil. They haven't gone yet but don't look as bad as they did.

Wartner is good!!!!

Anything like that you have to be carefull not to get on the skin and never put a plaster over the top untill thouroghly dry as it pushes it onto the skin!!!

Amanda

I once got part way through my training as a chiropodist, and yes we used neat Tea Tree Oil too ;)

I would recommend either Tea Tree, neat, applied daily, or if it is especially stubborn, i very sucessfully went to a Chinese herbalist which got rid of my very nasty one quite quickly.

Placing a small piece of banana skin on the verruca is menat to help.....something to do with the enzymes!!! Does take quite a while for it to go though.

joannerowsell said:
i used to freeze other peoples verrucas and warts with liquid nitrogen,when i worked in a sick bay
any how with having three boys who like swimming, i use wartner its from boots (over the counter) and works on the same principal as liquid nitrogen its in a pressurised container you apply a foam applicator place on wart or verruca and push the container and it freezes the area, after a few applications the wart and verruca drops off..........i must say i am impressed and it does work.

Yes I have to agree this treatment worked for my daughter. Very easy to use and very quick results.

HTH

lemon essential oil works too

alli

i used to use stuff from the chemist called salactol and its very strong, bazuka is rubbish! i like the sound of the freeze stuff though- quick and easy.

I tried unsucessfully to have my verruca frozen off THREE times - and each time it made it WORSE :evil: AND it blinkin' hurt. :irked:
Tea Tree and Chinese herbs not only didn't make it worse, they actually worked.
I second the Lemon essential oil also

I brought some tea-tree oil I will let you know if it works??

joannerowsell said:

Well I have had 2 very large and painful verrucas on the ball of my one foot for years, I have had them frozen off umpteen times by the doctor, have been to a chiropodist who gave me acclusal, which didn't help and I have tried the tea tree oil, which was the best but only made them smaller, not disappear!
I would love to give this a go if you say it works, how often can you use it? And is it very expensive???

I am glad someone has posted about this its really interesting. I have had these three veruccas for about seven years and they havent gone. One is on the base of one of my toes and the other two are right next to each other on the ball of my foot. I tell you these are sosooooo painfull. I have tried tea tree, lavender oil, bazzuca or however you spell it and wartner and none of them have worked for me. Its so deep that I dont know how to get rid of it. I think I may try Chinese herbs which ones did you use and how long did it take to go?

loo said:
I am glad someone has posted about this its really interesting. I have had these three veruccas for about seven years and they havent gone. One is on the base of one of my toes and the other two are right next to each other on the ball of my foot. I tell you these are sosooooo painfull. I have tried tea tree, lavender oil, bazzuca or however you spell it and wartner and none of them have worked for me. Its so deep that I dont know how to get rid of it. I think I may try Chinese herbs which ones did you use and how long did it take to go?

I went to the Chinese doctor in a local Chinese medicine centre, and they did a little consultation and prescribed me these herbs - it was a while ago now, and i'm afraid i can't remember what they were. They smelled quite nice though ;)
It was a bit of a hassle but it worked really fast. I had to boil the herbs in water and then soak my feet in the hot hot water for half an hour and remove the hard skin from the verruca afterwards. I was supposed to do it daily, but i kept forgetting. They warned me it could take several ( i think they said 6) weeks - but it was gone in about a fortnight, and i probably only did the treatment about 5 times.
It was a bit pricy - but it worked perfectly and it didn't hurt!
It was a few years ago though so i might have remembered some things wrong.

Well I've bought my Wartner today from Boots and have just done my first application!! Fingers crossed it will work! It says on the box they should just 'drop off' within 10 days, seeing is believing! LOL!

Hi, I was just wondering how long it takes for the verruca to go when using tea tree oil? I have a few and have used different things including wartner and they haven't worked. I bought some tea tree oil the other day and have been putting it on daily in hope that it works.

Latest posts

Back