Vibrant red hair colour

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iconic

Reaction score
Hi geeks,
I have a client who's hair I colour red. have been using 1/2 5rr+ with 1/2 6rr+ (matrix) but this time she has asked for it to be 'more red!' If I do 1/4 5rr+ 1/4 6rr+ with 1/2 SR-R would that work and give me a more vibrant red?
Thanks in advance :)

Do matrix still do the intensities? Im guessing its on scalp aplication if youre not opting for just sr-r??

It would work though to guve more intensity, even 1/2 sr-r 1/4 5rr 1/4 6rr or drop thw 5rr maybe? Depends on the kind of red youre after x

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi Hun, there isn't any 6rr+ only 7rr+ and 5rr+, not sure if you're mixing the 2 to give you a 6? What base is it on and what peroxide are you using? You can only use 15mls ( 1/4 tube ) of the SR's with 45mls ( 3/4 tube of socolor )

You could use the 6rr+ with the Sr-r or possibly use the original formula but increase the peroxide strength? ( presuming you're using 10vol? All the sr-r will do is boost it with a red bleach anyway.

Have you tried the colour sync HD colours? They are fantastic! Really bright and great for refreshing ( I was surprised :) ) They can't be intermixed though which is a shame.

Anyway did you finish Insanity?! I failed after 2wks! My knees were knackered! :) xx

I wouldn't keep applying a permanent it will have no staying power as you are overloading the hair with colour molecules, go for a semi.

The ends will still need to be lifted / brightened whether it be stripped, bleach bathed or by applying the SR-R on it own to the mid lengths and ends and then yes I agree root application with just the 15mls added to the 6RR+ and refreshing the ends with colour sync HD- R ( a semi )

Latest posts

Back