Victoria Beckham's Nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
well I guess we'll all see each other...:eek: :cool: Liza - good nights sleep over next few nights! x

Hiya all,

What a fantastic experience.................Kate Moss and Niomi Campbell looked fab...........well all the models did.......it was brill and i cant wait to see if its in the mags
Amanda

I've just done a CND foundation course and all I can say is WOW!

sorry it's been a week almost b4 i posted on this one, it's been a particularly crazy wk!
the alexander Mc queen show that i had the pleasure of helping out with was by far the most jaw dropping, awe-inspiring show i've ever seen.
it would b impossible to try to describe the actual show itself, but the whole event was nothing like the usual layout of the runway.
the models came out behind a huge glass partition, that until the lights dimmed, u thought u were looking at a wall of mirrors!
i hope you lot r still with me, as this really isn't easy to write down.
inside this "glass room", throughout the show, different special effects would take place, like snow storm, wind machine etc.
the clothes were literally "out of this world"
with the wind blowing, the huge 20 ft + cloaks billowed out, & the facial masks, complimented by the gothic hair & make-up, & black toenails, it was like watching a real life harry potter movie :cool: :cool:
the show was opened by kate moss & a dancing partner doing a full on dance routine!
she was practising all afternoon & was genuinly worried about doing it. she needn't of worried, it was superb.
the best was saved till last...
a single spotlight showed a model in an exquisite white gown, suitable for a princesses wedding gown.
the spotlight would fade & a few seconds later would appear in a different place with the model under it, because of the glass reverting to a mirror when the light inside dimmed, the effect was quite magical.
the spotlight settled in the centre with the model under it...
then, what at first looked like glitter began to fall onto the model, her arms were outstretched & her head was upturned.
i, & most of the audience suddenly realised that the glitter was in fact water!
it continued to fall on her, & she slowly raised her arms & head...
when the lights went out, i don't think that i was the only one that had to pick my bottom jaw off the ground!!
i would've gone home happy at that stage, but we had the pleasure of attending the after show party.
a quick change of top & shoes, a bit of lippy, & we drank champers & danced until the early hours!
well, lilly & i did, the others were chatting & "networking"!
the only thing i've left out is my most embarassing moment so far in front of some of the worlds most beautiful models & most talented hair & make-up people.
just before the models went out, i was called over to repair a ruined toenail.
i trotted back to my kit (as u do) only to slip on a piece of fake hair that had been left on the floor...
apparently, my feet left the ground at the same time & after flying freestyle through the air some distance, i landed.
my fall was broken by.... a pile of hairspray cans :o :eek: :o
some were plastic, i say were as they r now in pieces...
the one that did the damage was a large metal tin that managed to stay upright when i landed on it, hence the saucer sized bruise i ended up with! :eek:
of course, i responded to all the "r u alright?" comments with "oh, i'm fine, really" getting up faster than i went down (as u do!)
it didn't spoil a wonderful experience, i just hope it goes down b4 the weekend, as i've got a skirt lined up for paul's 40th party!!
liza xx

Hiya,

Well Liza, i think you explained that fantasticly, Samantha said you were abit ill the next day and the bruise on your leg is huge!!!!!!!! hope it gets better for your hubby's party....................it ws an amazing experience and it was brill to meet u and hopefully we might work together in the future....................i must say i was abit ill the next but the underground soon soberd me up...........
Aamnda

Liza,
You and Lily are such lucky people.
It sounds like the most amazing night ... my jaw was on the floor just reading about it!
Hope your 'battle-with-the-cans' bruise fades soon!

Hi All

Lisa has written a great description of the show. It was just as amazing it sounds. The whole set was fabulous, built in the middle of Earls Court 2. While I left the girls to it, I got shown around the place. It looked unbelievable without people, totally black with lights on glass cases displaying the auction items (like Madonna's tights!!!) most of which were beautiful items of art. The party area was also black with ghostly white arum lillies on clear perspex tables and a light show playing on the shiny black dance floor.

I went back to the reception a bit later to find Mrs Geek (who had an invitation to the show for sponsoring me). What did we do without mobile phones!! She was outside the main entrance where there were loads of photographers and the red carpet and I was the other side! She just had to do the 'walk' if she wanted to get in! I am sure there were loads of pics of her as she looked great in head to toe McQueen!!!!

After leavinh her with some people to talk to I went back to find the girls and about 5 people jumped on me saying "One of you girls had a terrible accident, but she's OK" They even showed me the skid mark and pile of hairsprays!

It was a great evening and it was also fab that Mrs Geek could come down to enjoy it and meet loads of people.

Also thanks to my team: Kay Dodd, Lisa Smith and Amanda Craven (Lily).

Marian

Thank God Mrs. Geek did some modeling years ago!!! Red Carpet OMG!

I hope she remembered how to do the 'strutt' !!!!

Hiya,

Thanx Marian for the pics............i'll see if i can get some posted on here....not the ones wiv me though...........i look well drunk!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol: one things for sure they wont mistake me for a supermodel:lol:
Thanx Again
Amanda

mum said:
Hi Glo
You keep that Marco on his toes and ask him some really difficult questions!!
He was supposed to be doing a big show with me this week at Earls Court and he's going away! never mind, he's helping me at another at the end of the month so keep an eye on the newspapers.
Marian
OH MY GOD!! Would do anything to do a celebrities nails, I think you are absolutely amazing and very star struck reading your stories. Met Davina Mcall back in Feb - Love on a Sat Night - and could not believe she didnt have her nails done!! Been doing nails full time for three years now please please please give me some tips on how to get where you are!! Thanks so much.
Laura]

Hi Laura

Don't be too star struck. They're just people who happen to show their faces in the media. That sounds really naff (just read it back). One of the very best bits about my job is meeting and watching people. Mostly all people are fascinating and celebs can sometimes be specially interesting because they are either very talented, beautiful or just because they know they are celebs!!

Working with high profile people comes in one of two ways: either by working in a fancy London salon that has a very fancy client list and/or by doing what I do (which is session work).

Sessions can be a bit tricky to get into and takes ages before any proper money is made. If you are really serious at wanting to do it, PM me. I would suggest that wanting to do the specific type of work is more important than wanting to meet celebs. They may not appear!

One important message from me: it really is not glamourous!

Marian

mum said:
Thanks.
Have a look at a part of my portfolio if you are interested: www.streeterslondon.com then London, then Nail Technician.

KellyC. I replied to you but your mail box is full!!

Marian
Just had a look - wow is all i've got to say!

mum said:
Hi Laura

Don't be too star struck. They're just people who happen to show their faces in the media. That sounds really naff (just read it back). One of the very best bits about my job is meeting and watching people. Mostly all people are fascinating and celebs can sometimes be specially interesting because they are either very talented, beautiful or just because they know they are celebs!!

Working with high profile people comes in one of two ways: either by working in a fancy London salon that has a very fancy client list and/or by doing what I do (which is session work).

Sessions can be a bit tricky to get into and takes ages before any proper money is made. If you are really serious at wanting to do it, PM me. I would suggest that wanting to do the specific type of work is more important than wanting to meet celebs. They may not appear!

One important message from me: it really is not glamourous!

Marian
Hiya,

I know what you mean Marian allthough i am no where near as experienced as you.....they are everyday people who are just doing a job...........like we are...........Fashin Shows like Fashion Rocks and The Black Event are hard work chasing models about and crawling on the floor but i love it!!!!!!!!!!! Session Work is completley different (again nowhere near as experienced as you Marian) but i still love it..i love meeting new people and I have met some great people......btw Marian .......when is your book out................i need to see what my step by steps look like
Amanda

I have just finally had time to sit and watch the Black Event through the live web cam by http://www.showstudio.com and it was brill.........not as good as the real thing, but you get the idea....well worth the wait as it does take a little time for it to get going

Amanda

hiya lilly
i've tried to veiw the show through this link, & all i get is a blank screen, do u know what i'm doing wrong?
liza xx

liza smith said:
hiya lilly
i've tried to veiw the show through this link, & all i get is a blank screen, do u know what i'm doing wrong?
liza xx
Hiya Liza,
Click on the link (showstudio.com) scroll accross till you see Black, click on that then the images of the live web cam come up and the images change every 5 seconds...................there is also some pics on there too!!!!!!!!
Hope you can accsess it
Amanda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back