VIDEO...is she touching the skin too much?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cutesteph

Reaction score
Hey geeks,

Im sure many of you have seen this video. She is amzing a sculpting but I thought we r supposed to avoid touching the skin???

YouTube - Acrylic Nails - Long Acrylic Sculptured Nails

I am really careful not to touch the clients skin too much but in this video she touches the skin a lot and she is a world champion:irked:

Im confused...

Not going to comment about the touching of the skin but I've just read some of the comments on the vid and she's very opinionated (sp) about a certain brand :eek:
:hug:

At 6.10 minutes on the video there's a comment I personally don't like!!!
You know what they say about empty vessels....... :wink2:

Re the touching of the skin, yep, a lot of that does go on, in her defence she does wipe the brush a lot, however, if she were using what I consider to be better techniques (world champ or not) then she wouldn't have to wipe the brush as much, neither would there be as much brush-to-skin contact... JMO :)

Here's some fab videos on application/prep/etc... YouTube - cndvideo's Channel

At 6.10 minutes on the video there's a comment I personally don't like!!!
You know what they say about empty vessels....... :wink2:

I know what comment your talking about and i really dont like it either!

I think it just goes against all Nail technician rules

Its not a personal thing against her. I just thought we r not supposed to touch skin so much...

Ya it seems she hates CND...

i would assume that is why its been posted in the first place :confused:

:eek:some one must have really peed her off about something, I have seen this vid on another thread I think, or maybe one similer, but def the same lady, and there was quite an argument going on about over exposure or something. Actually I beieve it is the same vid but with captions, makes you realise how bitchy the industry can be, it's a shame people can't rise above it and get on, we're all adults after all. :rolleyes:

World Cup Champ, Nail Pro Champ, wow can't take that away from her and I am sure she has worked very hard to get there,

However "professional" she is not, someone I would aspire to be like? No.

I believe in constructive criticism to help the greater good of all, this type of public bashing is IMO "sour grapes" and completely "unprofessional". I would be ashamed if any representative of my company behaved in this manner.

Having a "dig" at a large majority of nail techs is not the way to win friends and influence people - why would we wish to convert? If this goes on publicly what goes on behind the scenes?

Just like the school yard bully, all industries experience these. Of course they are not "bad" people, they just have a "fear". I wonder what her "fear" is???

p.s monomer should not be used without polymer!

Im really confused... who is public bashing her?

I believe when SPN01 is referring to public bashing, she is referring to the fact that the nail tech in the video is publically bashing with her snide comments and not anyone on this forum.:rolleyes:

Im really confused... who is public bashing her?

My intention is not to "public bash", I am stating my thoughts on a "member forum" not "you tube". If this is wrong I apologise.

I believe when SPN01 is referring to public bashing, she is referring to the fact that the nail tech in the video is publically bashing with her snide comments and not anyone on this forum.:rolleyes:

What snide comments was the nail tech saying?

Sorry im just lost here or being thick :smack:

hmmm how do i say what i want to say without getting mis understood......
well having had training by different brands i can say that you can be taught different ways of doing things. for instance one brand said only ever use the flags of the brush never the belly and dont wipe...... the other said wipe your brush and use the belly to press the product into place (using all parts of the brush when needed).....both brands are as keen as each other about keeping the over exposure risks to a minimum and maintaining the health of the natural nail etc. I dont know if she is touching the skin or not....may be it just looks like it because of the way she is using her brush.

I think this video has been posted before and the thread did get quite heated....i hope this one doesnt go the same way....after all the lady in the video is a member of this forum if i remember correctly

What snide comments was the nail tech saying?

Sorry im just lost here or being thick :smack:

the person who made the video was making comments about other brands and other nail techs in general.....keep up hun....:lol:

I know what comment your talking about and i really dont like it either!

I think it just goes against all Nail technician rules

The comment that you read and didnt like!

the person who made the video was making comments about other brands and other nail techs in general.....keep up hun....:lol:

Hey its late im tired! :lol::lol:

Oh i get it now i knew about that already i thought i may have missed out something else..

Despite the 'down grading' of other brands. I liked the way the nail tech told an unqualified to just go ahead and buy some acrylics its eassy peazy :eek: Am i missing something or are nails the hardest thing to master?

I guess she has seen this thread as the comments in the boxes have now been edited, with some comments "removed". To be honest I can kind of see why she feels the way she does but at the same time it would be better to rise above it and carry on being a great nail tech.

INTERESTING THREAD !!!!!!

As the most viewed nail technicain on Youtube, I guess I should comment.

She is a nailtech that is willing to share....

The video quality is shyte (as some of my older ones are).

People choose to share videos to show you the way they do things, not to be slated and verbally bashed into never posting again.

I would have like to have seen the nails finished.

The nails are not my style, but who am I to comment?

Every tech has their own idea/ideal of the perfect nail, maybe she did touch the skin too often, but she put it up for you to see and learn from.

What the critics should really do (if they are so anal in their ideas) is PUT UP, or SHUTUP.

Think your thoughts, but there's no need to post them.

The best way to combat a video you don't like is to post your own work, correcting them by showing your own skills.

Until then you are just an "observer" bitching about others.

DO IT YOURSELF AND SHOW US HOW IT'S DONE.

Latest posts

Back