Vile, rude woman!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~Louise~

Reaction score
Seriously, good manners are easily carried! Grrr

Just had a "lady" come in with a regular HD Brow client of mine. She was looking to get HDs, so I politely explained about a patch test, 48hrs, and that unfortunately even though she's had a tint done before else where (as she pointed out) she was still required to have one here....

Well didn't she start swearing me up & down! As she was walking out the door she was still swearing. I couldn't even speak I was that shocked, her friend (my client) stayed on for a few seconds looking at me and half laughed awkwardly. :eek::eek::eek: my face must have been a picture

What a cheeky cow, vile creature!

I know people have been very irritated with me before about the whole patch test thing, and have dropped the phone on me because they couldn't get them done that day. But this is a whole new level. Does anybody else get this?

I also find people get very cheeky and defensive when it comes to filling out record cards

:twisted: she's put me in a bad mood now!

And I'm sure she would have been the 1st to sue me if she'd had a reaction to the tint!

Try not to let her worry you! Do you really want to be doing treatments on people like that? I wouldn't. Nothing you could of done would of been good enough by the sounds of it.
Keep your chin up! Forget about her and just concentrate an all the lovely clients that you do have :)
X

I think you had a lucky escape - thank goodness you have standards and proper codes of practice!

I've had similar thing tonight with a couple of people demanding spray tans. I've turned them away and lost about £100 but I don't want to risk it - they went mental!!

Problem is, there are so many therapists (I use that word loosely) who will do it so we therefore look/appear pathetic - really upsets me and they don't understand that it is for their benefit.

Chin up!

I don't know how some people survive day to day living lol

In regards to HD though, and going slightly off topic. They make a big deal of patch testing 48 hours before treatment and then each time there after. I completely agree with this and the importance of patch testing. I've just had to deal with a lady that's been having her brows tinted for years and all of a sudden devolved an intolerance to the tint, so I agree with patch testing each time (however annoying this is for the client)

My question is though, when I went to pro beauty last year I had HD brows done and because I obviously hadn't done a patch test they were getting everyone to sign a disclaimer. Now I've always been led to believe a disclaimer isn't worth the paper it's written on, but can't imagine a company as big as HD brows taking that risk? So therefore, why is it ok for them to do it but not us? Again I completely stand by patch testing and how important it is, but you've lost out on £25+ (I know they advice to do the treatment without tinting in this instance. ) We turn away at least 3 clients a week because they haven't had a patch test and it's very rare they rebook as they want them done for going out that night. Just a thought I had after reading this.

Problem is, there are so many therapists (I use that word loosely) who will do it so we therefore look/appear pathetic - really upsets me and they don't understand that it is for their benefit.

Chin up!

You don't look pathetic - you look professional :)

I have clients that phone or walk ins that want tinting or lashes - I explain I can't without allergy testing, and I get either "I've had them done before" or "but I want them doing now!", jeez I even had an elder upper class lady in for a manicure & brows who carried on with me when I gave her consultation card to fill in because she'd never had to fill one in before!
Now it's policy to fill in a card or no treatment - I take no prisoners on this, also allergy testing.
I agree though how can some companies have you fill in disclaimers and then we are told they don't stand up in court? Or do they? X

My question is though, when I went to pro beauty last year I had HD brows done and because I obviously hadn't done a patch test they were getting everyone to sign a disclaimer. Now I've always been led to believe a disclaimer isn't worth the paper it's written on, but can't imagine a company as big as HD brows taking that risk? So therefore, why is it ok for them to do it but not us? Again I completely stand by patch testing and how important it is, but you've lost out on £25+ (I know they advice to do the treatment without tinting in this instance. ) We turn away at least 3 clients a week because they haven't had a patch test and it's very rare they rebook as they want them done for going out that night. Just a thought I had after reading this.
When I did my eyebrow course none of us had been patch tested obviously and I asked about it and the trainer said she gets those who haven't to sign a disclaimer. But I'm with you, from what I've understood from reading threads on here, a disclaimer isn't worth a thing! So I insist on a patch test too.

Also, I recently had an allergy to hair tint after 20 years of colouring my hair, so it can develop out of nowhere, not worth the risk IMO!

Latest posts

Back