Vinylux instead of Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xbeautyx

Reaction score
Hi everyone hoping someone can give me some encouragement! Im renting a room in a beauty salon at the monent part time, its about a 25-45min (depending on traffic) drive from my house, so im setting up a beauty room at home to take on some more local clients and to get a few more hours in as my children are getting bigger. I'm funding this all by myself, as i have a young family and not wanting to take any loans etc on, so i've done a few orders so far (all nicely piling up waiting to be played with!!), my next order will be for nails- mani, pedi equipment etc all coming from sweet squared as i love their products! I use shellac at the salon, but for now im thinking of going down the vinylux route at home for now so i can get plenty of colours in to get me going and start collecting shellac as i go as they are obviously a faur bit more expensive. All my shellac's will have to stay in the salon for now and obvs needs to be replenished so it'll mean in the long run i'll have two lots in each location. Im making sure this beauty room is all done to a high standard as i want to do a launch party at my home and make a big impact so im hoping this is not going to be a bad move not having the more popular choice in nail products!?! X

Why don't you take your shellac back and forth? I did this when I had two rooms. I don't think you will get the same clientele for just vinylux. Most clients go for shellac or gel polish.

People want shellac, there isn't the same demand for vinylux.

I do a lot of Vinylux in my salon, clients who have good nails can get a weeks wear from just Vinylux.

it's best to look at your clients nails, and preference and see what coating will suit them best.

sometimes clients don't know what they want, I recently converted an old shellac client over to enhancements as they were a better fit for her , there was resistance because she didn't want fake nails but now she realises that they look like her own nails but last longer she doesn't know why she didn't get them sooner.

Likewise if a client is more suited to Vinylux because they can't wear nail coatings in work or just have really good nails I will give them that ;)

Vinylux is my number 1 retail item in the salon also!

I am in a room but still keep my shellac in a roo cube. Its so handy to take back & forth when i nip out on a mobile app- you could just take the one collection of shellac between the 2 rooms xx

I use both shellac and vinylux. I wouldn't be without either of them!
Very roughly:
Manicures - 80% shellac 15% vinylux 5% buffed or clear

Pedicures - 90% vinylux. 10% shellac

I'd also carry the shellac from one premises to the other. You can make things easier by having your basic products at each place...e.g. Scrub fresh, remover etc and just take your colours

If you're only using Vinylux you'll be loosing a lot of money compared to the same appointment using Shellac

Latest posts

Back