Vinylux vs your previous nail polish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Normal polishes are OPI and Essie, lucky if I get 1 day without a chip. I've done 2 applications of Vinylux on myself, 3 days with one (I got bored had a weekend away and needed a new polish colour) and 5 days with the other.

I love Vinylux. I usually get about a week (on hands) from the polishes we use (YSL, Chanel, Dior) with the combo base coat/top coat that I finally came up with that works ;)
We use Revlon GelCOlor base coat (the milky one) and Dior Top Coat (totally awesome, awesome! The quickest drying top coat ever (and it doesn't thicken up in a bottle)

I find that Vinylux stays more shiny and I don't see as many cracks, dulling with it. It stays super shiny till it chips (on my nails exactly on the 7th day I get a tiny chip)
Vinylux top coat is also awesome. I'm super impressed with it. Even though it thickens up at the end of the bottle (yes, we use a lot of Vinylux) it doesn't pull away at the cuticle (aka. cuticle pull) and it doesn't shrink at the free edge.

The application of the polish is fantastic. Very close to YSL when it comes to coverage. YSL brushes are what makes me love that brand so much. Because they are wide, round and flat (Dior's are too thick and you have to press quite a bit to make them spread properly on the nail) they help with the application making it a dream to work with.
So, because I'm so spoiled using YSL I thought I wouldn't like Vinylux brushes but I do like them. I like how they are wider and little thicker, they deposit the polish evenly.

I noticed that when the polish is brand new (especially the light shades) it applies thinner and if someone has less then perfectly smooth nails when the polish dries you can see the ridges. If your end result is not shiny enough, it's not the top coat, it's not enough of coats of polish IMHO

I actually use 1 very thin coat of Beau as base and then I follow with 2 medium coats of the Vinylux color. Then of course I use the Vinylux top coat.
I find that after 3-4 min I can apply oil and do a hand massage.

(we actually polish first and then do massage for manis and pedis)

Overall, I love the line. I just hope the polish racks were available at our distributors. Its much easier to retail something when it's displayed properly

PS. you can see pictures of the Vinylux manis on our Instagram page @polishedsalon

I have my opi with its fillers etc and have vinylux, when clients ask about vinylux I am promoting as a very quick drying, good lasting polish, I was originally thinking I could dump the opi (not literally) but then saw its not so great on ridged nails due to them showing, so now I'm keeping opi, so have a full range.

I do love!!!! Vinylux for its quick drying and its fab over beautiful nails and enhancements.

Just add another coat of polish (I use Beau as my base coat for uneven nails+2 coats of color)... and voila.. smooth nails!

Latest posts

Back