Violence in London

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unas escarlata

Reaction score
I am just hoping that none of our lovely geeks are affected by this yobbish vandalism and looting taking place in London. Be safe everyone.

x

Allan's a bit stuck in central London as they are busy looting the comet store round the corner from his office. He is gonna have problems getting home this evening.

Thankfully Chislehurst is all quiet apart from some loud tutting in the deli due to them running out of sunblush tomatoes.

Wish the police would hurry up and arrest these theives. They are not protesters, just greedy theives robbing shops.
Will be the last straw for some poor business owners, these are not affluent areas to begin with. Doubt if they have big contingency funds to get them through this.

I have visions of a new Catherine Tate yummy mummy sketch featuring the deli running out of SBT.

On no, poor Allan, tell him to go and wait it out in the local jobcentre, he'll be safe there!! Seriously, hope he gets home OK. The police need to be given tasers or water cannons to flatten these yobbos so they can be arrested and locked away. It makes me so cross to see them wearing their hoods and scarves over their faces so they can't be identified. One just mooned on skynews so hopefully some waxing geek will recognise him and let the police know his identity.

Ha ha I saw the bit you obviously did, with the mooning-what an idiot.

The Met do have water cannons but it's seen as too heavy handed by most politicians (although I believe they're the same politicians that don't have family members on the front line having bottles, fireworks and god knows what else thrown at them). Just wish the police had the authority to use equipment in their power to stop all this now, so that the rest of us tax paying, law abiding people could go about our lives as usual.

Sorry, the worry about this brings out the ranter in me. ;o)
X

I'm sorry to hear what's going on over there. For those of you in that area, please stay safe.

Im watching on sky news. Its shocking what there doing. AND its mostly kids that r doing it im 20 and most of these kids look younger than me!!

The police need to be given tasers or water cannons to flatten these yobbos so they can be arrested and locked away. It makes me so cross to see them wearing their hoods and scarves over their faces so they can't be identified.
I so agree, half of them just out for what they can get, bet they can't hold down a job if they even tried to get one. Bring on the water cannons and smoke bombs I say

from Debbie's HTC Sense

It feels like the real London (where people live, not central London) has gone crazy. My salon is in North London and was affected by the violence last night, not too badly, just an attempt to kick the front door in as a gang of about 90 rumpaged down the street, so in I went on what was meant to be the first day of my holiday:irked:, considering how bad it was in Tottenham I have (so far) got off quite lightly. But I spoke to some neighbours and they are scared, my salon is insured and I would be devastated if anything happened to it, but it's not my home, that would be so much worse.

BBC news is now reporting it is kicking off in Birmingham...

We need to find out why this is happening, part of it is about the Police shooting (rightly or wrongly), the relationship the police have with local people but also about disaffected youth (lack of support, unemployment,and investment) but also pure criminality.

BBC News is now reporting Mayor Boris is returning from his hols..great we are all safe...

Where will this end? I am amazed no one has been killed in these riots.

At the moment I am worried about what will happen next, for my staff, clients and friends, and myself who live in North London, and my salon.

It started off in croydon last night so I've heard and police are swarming the area tonight. My parents live not too far from there but luckily not close to shops. These yobs are just out for what they can get imo

from Debbie's HTC Sense

Its been getting closer all day, thankfully I cant imagine it will come as far out as me but its not far at all now.
It is a lot of young people and silly.
They've got to Romford (in Essex) and set a few shops alight/petrol bombed.

There is no reason for it at all, just an excuse to behave like thugs and cost our already suffering country thousands more that we dont have.
My sisters business is suffering through loss of trade as people are keeping away.

What sparked this insanity going on over there? I don't want to hear what the news is reporting. I want to hear what is really going on from the people who are living it...you guys.

I really can't believe what I'm watching on the news with what's happening in Croydon. Stay safe for those of you who live near :) x

Nor me, truly can't. Reeves corner shop fully ablaze, one of the oldest buildings in croydon. My dad used to work there, so so sad. All due to yobs. My god what is this world coming to :(

from Debbie's HTC Sense

Bring back national service and the birch I say.
Honestly this country is such a soft touch. The police really need to be given more powers and David Cameron should hang his head in shame!

What sparked this insanity going on over there? I don't want to hear what the news is reporting. I want to hear what is really going on from the people who are living it...you guys.

There was an incident on Thursday where the police shot a lad (dont really know what really happened) but the family did a protest on Saturday and the riots have started from there. It's all crazy x

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

I am in Hackney and tonight has been happening quite a lot here. I still hear police sirens and helicopters. All the shops closed at 4pm.
Everything is closed, shops, restaurants.
They have broken into a few shops, smashed windows, attacked a bus and set alight a few cars.
I really do hope police will finally do something. This seems to be spreading into so many areas now.

Even if the police do something they will probably be slated for being to harsh x

Honestly this country is such a soft touch. The police really need to be given more powers and David Cameron should hang his head in shame!

They need to get the Army in!! Its a National emergency, happening all over now, Luton and Birmingham now as well as London! :Scared:

Couldnt agree more!

There was an incident on Thursday where the police shot a lad (dont really know what really happened) but the family did a protest on Saturday and the riots have started from there. It's all crazy x

Thank you, Chez, for sharing.

Oh my. Isn't it amazing? Looting and riots over such a tragedy. I'll never understand people. Distruction of the very neighborhoods they live in, the neighborhood businesses they frequent and destroying the trust of the community. :'(

Latest posts

Back