Wahanda

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm on Wahanda. The type of clients who use Wahanda are often looking for a cheap last minute appointment. I rarely get a booking through them unless I offer my services at a reduced price and very rarely do I get a returning/regular client. Also be careful about who takes down your payment details! Mine got taken down incorrectly and two months worth of work went into someone else's bank account!!! Wahanda so far have been very unhelpful!

It has worked out really well for me, I also have the widget button to enable on line bookings through my Facebook and website and they only take 60p for each booking made that way. I think 20% is fair as its a client who wouldn't have come otherwise. People have travelled from quite a distance so they are not passing trade. We have had quite a few repeat bookings too so it has been worth having.
I have my settings on 3 hours minimum notice & 3weeks max notice and get text notifications so not had any probs with double bookings, just need to remember to update regularly. I block out time in their calendar for when I am busy on a daily basis so it only shows my free slots. I also only discount on my quiet times and will prob take discounts off completely next month until the new year.
I have found that more people pre pay direct now, I Think its cos they send emails with a £10 off code as I have had a few emails but never use it for myself!
I get at least 1 booking a week from them and my existing clients also like using the booking widget which doesn't cost me a lot.
The downside is it takes a couple of weeks for money to go in your account.
For clients that have changed their mind about the service, e.g have a cut as well, I just add the extra and they paid me but didn't change it on wahanda but if it's a lesser amount you can amend the amount on wahanda before you complete the checkout, I have managed to do it a few times with no probs.

I seem to be getting loads more emails from similar companies lately. I did sign up with pamper pod ages ago but got nothing from it, and as wahanda is working for me with just the free listing, I won't bother going with any others. They spend a lot on their marketing and even have a big advert at our local train station plus the TV adverts so think they are good at getting people to use them. I can't really think of a reason I would stop using them at the moment.

The only problems I've had with Wahanda is sometimes I think my profile gets defaulted to something they pre-set. I used to accept on-line bookings with 24 hours notice but found people were booking within the hour or even half hour and expecting to turn up at my doorstep for their treatment. I had to change my profile to do 3 days notice, still had the same problem so spoke to Wahanda direct to correct my profile.

Funny you say that, I was tweaking my profile last night at stupid o clock and I realised that services had been defaulted to settings that I hadn't asked for and I couldn't seem to change them back! Very frustrating! I'm really busy at the moment and I'm having a lot of double bookings and I'm finding I have to cancel or rearrange people x

I wouldn't bother one day I got a call asking did I want to have free advertising blah blah I was busy I said ok a year later I had a very angry client demanding she booked an appointment on there which I had no idea u could do and she also got 50% off for some reason unknown to me I said I had no idea about it and we were fully booked I didn't even know that they could do that.... Funny enough I rang up asked for this to be taken off and never heard anything since and a client said to me today how come your fully booked but if I log on Wahanda i can attempt to book anytime.. Great I will be ringing them in the morning ugh!

I wouldn't bother one day I got a call asking did I want to have free advertising blah blah I was busy I said ok a year later I had a very angry client demanding she booked an appointment on there which I had no idea u could do and she also got 50% off for some reason unknown to me I said I had no idea about it and we were fully booked I didn't even know that they could do that.... Funny enough I rang up asked for this to be taken off and never heard anything since and a client said to me today how come your fully booked but if I log on Wahanda i can attempt to book anytime.. Great I will be ringing them in the morning ugh!

There seems to be no way of opting out of the on-line booking schedule. I think a few years ago there was but not obvious any more. Wahanda expect us to update our on-line booking schedule to show when we're free. If we don't do this, customers look and see that we appear to be free all the time every day!! Therefore, it looks like they can book any time they want.

There seems to be no way of opting out of the on-line booking schedule. I think a few years ago there was but not obvious any more. Wahanda expect us to update our on-line booking schedule to show when we're free. If we don't do this, customers look and see that we appear to be free all the time every day!! Therefore, it looks like they can book any time they want.

If you go to your opening hours and change them to closed then nobody can book in with you. You still get the advert but without the hours x

we use Wahanda. we don't get loads of bookings, probably had about 18 this year, but it's great for added advertising. When people type in our business or try searching for local salons in the area , Wahanda comes above our website on Google so it's good in that sense. We only have a set amount of treatments that can actually be booked through the website, most of the others are just there as a directory and then they have to call the salon to make their appointment, which means Wahanda don't take a cut. We have treatments from £15 to £30 available to book and anything under or above that price we don't take bookings online.

Latest posts

Back