Wanna get cracking!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tim your not alone on here there are other guys........Samuel Sweet ,Antony Buckley, Jaydee (David), Bug123 , Seanny, Herman, Techy geek, to name a few.

Hi Tim

I'm still training too and am using my nail trainer but would suggest you really try and do some practice on a person - I actually find it easier to put a set of enhancements on a person than the nail trainer!!!

You'll love this site for advice and friendly people xxx

Hiya Sal,

sometimes it's easier working on the real thing than the practice model, i had that when i used to practice posh icing before doing it on the actual cake....slightly different as the cake couldn't go OUCH!!!.....but much the same in principal.
And yeah, couldn't agree more about a very friendly site...thanks everybody, no doubt thats why you're all here!!! Tim.xx
Sal said:
Hi Tim

I'm still training too and am using my nail trainer but would suggest you really try and do some practice on a person - I actually find it easier to put a set of enhancements on a person than the nail trainer!!!

You'll love this site for advice and friendly people xxx

hi Tim, welcome.I'm sure you will fall head over heels in love with this site as i have done,there is never a dull moment.I'm surprised no-one as already volunteered to have there hands held and nails attended to by you, i would if i lived closer ! or maybe there is something that they all know that i don't ! good luck with the practicing.
snooks

Awwwwwwwwww!...thanks snooks!!

Anytime you're in my neck of the woods feel free to lend me your hands, i'd be delighted!
Boy, im so accommodating!
Tim.xx
snooks said:
hi Tim, welcome.I'm sure you will fall head over heels in love with this site as i have done,there is never a dull moment.I'm surprised no-one as already volunteered to have there hands held and nails attended to by you, i would if i lived closer ! or maybe there is something that they all know that i don't ! good luck with the practicing.
snooks

hi timmy welcome to the site!!

I think you have the confidence (!!!) and ability to go all the way !!!

Good luck!

Ps..........timmyfishfinger??? wots that all about!!!!!!!!!!!! a reference to your fly fishing?

Ambxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

CHEEKY CHICO said:
Hi All! i figured it's about time there were a few more males in here!
You women have had it your own way for far to long now, let us guys into your world! Q: I've been working on my acrylics on a nail trainer for ages now, should i go and take more training before hitting "real" people? i'm happy with my work but not used a live body yet..any ideas anyone?
Great site, you'll hear more from me soon...watch this space! Tim.

I am genuinely interested... especially considering the latest threads (second best etc)... You say 'i'm happy with my work' but what are you basing this on? You are right, some of the best teks in the world... Tom Holcomb, Ketan Patel, Antony Buckley, Samuel Sweet, Tom Bachik, Trang etc... are guys... but have you had anyone look at your upper/lower arches, product placement, smiles etc... I only ask because we were discussing how some (I am not saying you as I have no idea what your work is like) think their work is great when actually it could be much better. To have a good mentor is a wonderful thing... maybe yours is Ivan....

Once again, Chico, your enthusiasm is great and I have enjoyed reading your posts... I am genuinely interested in your views and like to 'think out of the box' so-to-speak to get honest feedback!!

CHEEKY CHICO said:
Hi All! i figured it's about time there were a few more males in here!
You women have had it your own way for far to long now, let us guys into your world! Q: I've been working on my acrylics on a nail trainer for ages now, should i go and take more training before hitting "real" people? i'm happy with my work but not used a live body yet..any ideas anyone?
Great site, you'll hear more from me soon...watch this space! Tim.

Hi there Tim,
Nice to see another chap on here.....
Right to answer your qustion............ You have been using the nail trainer as you training tool, now get some life models and practice on them, this will be your added training, there is a huge difference between the plastic hand and the real hand..... Ok it looks the same, but it doesn't behave the same............ the trainer hand will sit happily clamped to your desk and that is where it stays.... the real hand will go and travel places, the kitchen, the bathroom i.e the real world......ever hand is unique and oh so different.....
thats when the real test starts, how do the nails hold out in an every day scenario.............thats when your skill are really tested, is your prep spot on, can you spot contra indications..can you do great nails on fan shaped nails, spoon nails, claws nails, very bitten nails with lots of bulbous skin just to name a few....
So my idea is this, go and find some willing models and practice until the cows come home, or the milkman brings the milk......only then will you really know how good your nails are..............

this is just the start of a long winding road to getting to be a great Nail Technician and the learning never stops, even for an oldy Technician like me...
happy learning xxx

Another reason is Also using real life models will help with you communication skills which are also needed. You will need to be able to talk, listen to your clients while also doing there nails.

Sounds as if you will do GREAT!
Caz xxx

Hi Tim welcome on board!

Nice to hear more males getting in to the industry. Good for you.

You know they say, the best chefs are male and I've seen some pretty good male nail techs too. Super dooper ones!

Go for it. The more you throw yourself into it the better.
What courses have you done so far, Tim?:Love:

Latest posts

Back