Want to buy mma?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Senator

Reaction score
Hi I want to buy some mma acrylic liquid because some lady's have lifting problems. Please can anyone advise me where to buy it from?

Hi I want to buy some mma acrylic liquid because some lady's have lifting problems. Please can anyone advise me where to buy it from?

It shows on your profile you use Young Nails, why not have a look on their website and see what acrylic liquid they have.
Why do you need mma? I think this is a banned product. x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

You can eliminate lifting without resorting to mma!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

MMA is only banned in the US as far as i know, it mightve changed since i last checked :-D

MMA is a big no no!!
Lifting problems arent just problems with the product.
It can be due to the techs prep procedure, or application of product.
It can also be they way the client handles there nails
Nails are Jewels not tools :)
X

Yes I use youngnails acrylic liquid but it doesn't matter what I do they still lift on these lady's, one of them have been to the Discount nail people and they didn't lift, so that's why I need to get some mma else I will loose my clients, they are more bothered about the nails lasting than any damage. Which is shocking but that's what they say:|

Last edited by a moderator:
I can not believe what i am reading here.

MMA is a big massive no no.It will be down to insufficient prep or application I would think.You do not need to use MMA.Have you read the link that Arty*Rox has put on here for you to read,If you haven't I urge you to right away.

Yes I know all about mma but the women I have said about the problems with mma are just not bothered, they want nails that last

Got to say, you should get the prize for being the first person to ever ask on this professionals forum where you can buy a substance that has no approval in the nail industry! Classic.

If you had the slightest idea of the chemistry or what you were doing as a nail technician you would realise that it is not because it is MMA that it sticks to the nails, its because they use a drill on the surface of the nail first ... That is the only reason the MMA sticks.

So if you file the hell out of the natural nail first, thin and damage the nails and then double or triple prime the way they do in some nail places, then you too can have clients whose nails you have knackered but that never lift, with which ever product you are using. Bravo, well done you; must make you feel proud.

How do you even know that the other salons are using MMA - this can only be determined by laboratory tests.

Some of these poor quality products adhere to the nail because the nail is shredded to bits to get a key.

At the end of the day if these clients care little about their nails and health then do you really want them as clients.

What about your own health, do you not care about that?

I have been to this salon and watched them and they don't file the nails like mad, they just take the shine off, perhaps they are using something else. But with what I saw they weren't damaging the natural nails at all. If they or any other Discount salons are damaging nails why on earth are there salons lasting and other nail and beauty places closing down? It should be the other way, shouldn't it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I know all about mma but the women I have said about the problems with mma are just not bothered, they want nails that last

You as a professional SHOULD care about your clients nails.

they are more bothered about the nails lasting than any damage. Which is shocking

You yourself wrote the above so you must know that what they are doing is shocking and yet you want to do it too?

MMA does not stick without first making a physical key with the nail surface. Fact. So if that is what you want to use, then you are going to have to do the same.

Sound like u should go back and look at what u are doing first before making any drastic changes in ur products there are many amazing tech on this forum that can help u and they are always happy to help

How come its not banned in the uk then? And if it's that bad why aren't these salons that use it not shut down? Or going out of business? The clients do not care about their natural nail at all, as long as the false nail lasts and dont lift! And even if you use the proper products clients accidentally bash them which causes damage to there natural nail anyway.
You have to take the natural shine off the nail whatever product you use.

They keep going because unfortunately the public are not educated to what these places are doing wrong, but they are learning and I know as one place near me is hardly ever full but the beauty place that charges more but uses good products and implement correctly is getting busier, I'm getting more calls from people realising, so education is the key.

If your having problems and your qualified and trained go back to your educator, have a chat and maybe a one to one, its something your doing or not that's causing the issues.

It could even be something that the client is doing wrong. Are you getting lifting on all clients or only one or two. Have you checked their lifestyle? Are the nails too long? Are they following your aftercare recommendations?

You need to do some reading up.

You dont need to remove shine with Brisa Lite Sculpting or Smoothing or with CND Shellac

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

How come its not banned in the uk then? And if it's that bad why aren't these salons that use it not shut down? Or going out of business? The clients do not care about their natural nail at all, as long as the false nail lasts and dont lift! And even if you use the proper products clients accidentally bash them which causes damage to there natural nail anyway.
You have to take the natural shine off the nail whatever product you use.

Firstly your incorrect there are products you can use without removing the shine.

Secondly the reason the nail gets so damaged from a bash after going to a place that uses lower quality acrylic is because of the way the nail has been treated and how solid these products are, a natural nail that's bashed is designed to break, natural nails are not designed to take a huge bashing but with mma and similar hard acrylic products its so solid t can cause horrendous damage to the nail, sometimes damage that can never be repaired. I've seen people's nails and the after effects.

I've also seen people who bashed a nail with normal good quality l&p or hard gel myself included the enhancement breaks it doesn't cause the horrendous damage, just minimal which tho not nice is a lot better.

Yes clients want lovely nails, but once they realise after bad nails damage, infections, cut skin etc etc, they soon look for a good quality nail tech.

Fact

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back