Want To Open A Salon ..

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicolesx

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have been wanting to open a hairdressers/beauty salon up for a while now but really dont want to do this by my self.

I do beauty but was thinking if i could find a good hairdresser that would be willing to open a shop up then I could do it with her rather than opening up with another person who does beauty.

do you think this is wise as there is so many salons?
do you think i am better opening my self and renting out a chair for a hairdresser?

Help!!

x

If your going to do it then do it by yourself. I have been in partnership twice now and the 2nd one is melting down as we type.

Partnerships very rarely work in small businesses. There just isn't enough room. My 1st partner was a great business person but didn't play well with others and this 2nd partner is a dream to get on with but has just let her hair salon die. I'm not saying it never works but it is rare.

Yes there is a lot of competition but if you are truely ready to open a business then you should know in yourself that your skills and ideas will find a space in the market for you.. If you doubt this then it's probabley best you don't do it. Have a look on other threads and read what we have all advised in the past.
Running a salon is bloody hard work and I really mean that. It does have it's rewards but they are few and far between when you 1st set up, at least for the 1st 2-3 years.

Latest posts

Back