Want to Purchase Shellac but worried clients wont buy it

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I decided to do training with shellac I was worried that clients would'nt want it on aswell but i am so glad that i did do the training because EVERYONE wants it doing and it is becoming more and more well known x x

I haven't got a huge client list, a few regulars. I'm mobile and only started a year ago so basically still just starting up.
I don't get alot of clients for manicures but I always tell all clients about shellac and how good it is, most of them have never heard of it. I have promotions for shellac on my website, facebook, online advertising, poster advertising in shops, and e-mails to regular clients. I have other services (facials, massage, minx etc) but always try and promote shellac and minx the most.
I bought shellac because i thought it would bring more clients, even though I couldn't really afford it at the time. Would really love any advice.

It wont bring you more clients unless you are targeting new clientel and not the clients you have now!! It's new business you want, not the same old same old.

Once you have one or two using it the word will spread like wildfire! You will get clients for manicures once they know they will have a manicure that will really last for more than 14 days.

I did a lady who owns a shoe shop and another who owns a smart ladies clothing shop knowing that EVERYONE would see their perfect nails and that they would be dying to tell them all about Shellac. Fantastic response. I didn't even know the women .. just went in and offered them a free Shellac in return for them telling others ... they jumped at it.

Was telling my UK hairdresser when I was there all about shellac and she has now put a Shellac bar right in recption and that is all they do .. NICE!

Shellac is such a quick easy service for such a nice return that it is an easy one to do for free to a select few ladies to get the word out. It works a treat.

hi

I want to purchase Shellac for my Salon but i am really worried about shelling out hundreds of punds and not getting any clients in for the treatment, can you help please

xx

If money is an issue, start smaller with the most popular colors then build on it. I understand that not everyone has a bank of cash from which to draw and the initial investment in the entire Shellac system can sometimes be more than one can handle. However, do invest in the system even if it's only a few popular colors to start. Promote it well. Word of mouth will sell this product, too. Seriously, you won't be disappointed.

To get my shellac service going,I offered it at the same price as a manicure, so immediately converted manicure clients to shellac - they never go back, and, as said before, soon spread the word!

I was the same and have wanted it the past year but my other half was moaning at me because of the cost and he couldn't see why client would want it. So about two months ago I had a good week working and decided to go with it. I sent out an email to client's with a specail offer, was wearing it myself and in just over a week I made my money back from it. I have been so busy with it since and I'm really pleased with it. Some of my client's that had a manicure every two weeks are now having shellac and it's lasting 3 weeks, they are so pleased and say that I'm doing myself out of busy but they have sent no end of new client's my way. Also client's love the high shine. The french polish on toes is amazing, it last's so long and were as at 4 weeks with rench on toes it has the dull look to it the shellac french looks so fresh at 4 weeks, it looks like it's just been done. I'm hardly done any normally manicure and pedicure's with standard polish. Wished I had had it sooner.

Does anyone know how much it irks me when the original poster never returns to their thread to comment? :green:

What made Shellac take off at our Salon was by us, the nail techs, wearing it while performing services. Clients were awe struck that our polish was not coming off when we obviously had our fingers dripping with acetone. They just had to try this miracle polish.

Does anyone know how much it irks me when the original poster never returns to their thread to comment? :green:

No. Tell us, Gigi. :lol:

Hi

Sorry I haven't replied sooner , but I don't get much chance to get on here. Thank you for all of your great advice. I can share with you all that I have purchased Shellac and it was delivered today need to get practicing now. I'll let you all know how I get on fingers crossed for me that it takes off at my salon. X x

Well I now have to get more colours. Had a client today, she had Shellac put on downtown and she didn't want to travel back there. She went to CND to check who offered it in my area...only me :) anyhow remember that I only bought 2 colours well now I need to buy more as she just had me soak them off as I did not have the colour she wanted. Love love the Wraps! They work so well and look so professional. She told me she had called other salons that offered other brands but that they would not remove the Shellac for her. Good for me:)
I am positive she is a new client as she is coming in next week when I have more colours. Thank you CND for a fab product once again.

Hi

Sorry I haven't replied sooner , but I don't get much chance to get on here. Thank you for all of your great advice. I can share with you all that I have purchased Shellac and it was delivered today need to get practicing now. I'll let you all know how I get on fingers crossed for me that it takes off at my salon. X x

Wow!! That was a quick reply Emma .. :lol: LET US KNOW if you need any help. Why would it not take off in your salon? Get promoting and watch your business grow. Glad you re-surfaced not very many minutes after:hug: I posted. IRKED no longer!!

I don't know how to reply to your threads on my iPhone app so I have to log on to pc to do it and that's why I haven't replied so please don't think I'm being rude.. And I have a very destructive 16 month old boy who trys to break the laptop when it comes out hence why I don't come on here much. But I really do appreciate all your help and I'm not being ignorant or rude. Hope you understand x x

I don't know how to reply to your threads on my iPhone app so I have to log on to pc to do it and that's why I haven't replied so please don't think I'm being rude.. And I have a very destructive 16 month old boy who trys to break the laptop when it comes out hence why I don't come on here much. But I really do appreciate all your help and I'm not being ignorant or rude. Hope you understand x x

Of course we do now that you have explained. Good luck with Shellac. x

What made Shellac take off at our Salon was by us, the nail techs, wearing it while performing services. Clients were awe struck that our polish was not coming off when we obviously had our fingers dripping with acetone. They just had to try this miracle polish.

I wish we had a ::like:: button lol I agree!!

Also here is a tip that helped me. Do a website or blog that is searchable via google. (I use blog.com) I did a blog and posted an entry on Shellac. In my post, I mention my salon name and location. Now when people search Shellac Jackson, Ms, my blog is almost at the top of the list!!

I've gotten the most new clients out of that bc CND does such wonderful advertising, people were asking for it by name and frantically searching for someone to apply it! Score! :) GL!!

Latest posts

Back