Wanting to try a new gel system.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soraya

Reaction score
Hiya, Im for a while ive been a acrylic only chick but now I am looking to venture into gel as I am trained to use it may as well offer the service, any suggestions on a good gel system to use?

Soraya

Hello!
Good for you! It is always handy to offer every possible service to your client.
About gel system... I think it's quite difficult to find bad one nowdays... you just need to find one which is suitable for you. I use NSI and find it absolutely brilliant(except of their white sculptor- way too thick for me) My clients hardly have any lifting(even if it happens I DON'T think it's a problem of product), it's very easy to apply and to file, colours are nice and shiny.. and I'm pleased with so are my clients...
Hope you'll find something for you:)x

I have just starting using akzentz gel after trying a few samples of other gels and i find it so nice to work with..xx

At the show I was just at I had one of the Akzentz reps do my nails with the gel polish. I feel like I have nothing on my nails, they are so nice. This particular gel is in their Options line which, as Bagpuss stated, is a soakable gel. I did end up buying the kit as I also too wanted to try and get into gels. I am pretty excited to start practicing. Let me know if you are interested in this brand as I have some great reps who can help you and they also have online tutorials on their personal sites.

you'll find both soak off and file off gels at a good price from www.lecatnails.co.uk
they have pretty much everything a gel girl could need and lots more besides.
if you would like to see some examples and tutorials using the lechat range, check out my blogspot and website.:)

Hi

I use.....

Brisa, akzentz, biosculpture, and calgel:eek:

call me choosy:green:

I love the clarity, colour stability and strength of Brisa & Akzentz.....oh and the price! (both file off gels by the way)

I love the flexibility and colour range of Bio sculpture(i have so many peeps on colour now its really taken off) ...GREAT alternative to polish ....but pricey (soak off gel)

Calgel is also nice, flexy, (colour range not as good as bio's sadly) and very very popular - get LOTS of people ring and ask for this. (also a soak off gel)

It is a bit of a mine field im afraid !

If you need any help just ask!

Ambxxx

Thank for your suggestions, I will give a couple of them a try.
Tank you:)

Try several brands.

If you are using a popular brand with the right application technique, you won't get yellowing nor lifting. But gels aren't all the same. They all have different viscosity.

Some people will love working with gel with thin viscosity, other will prefer thicker viscosities. Also, some gels like CND Brisa, Akzentz Natural Pink and Christrio have a specific thixotropy that you have to try.

So, although this is not the cheapest option, my advice would be to order several "try-me" kits and to see by yourself what's your favorite brand. And if you have issues with a gel, call your distributor and ask for help. Almost everytime, bad results with a product has nothing to do with the product itself, rather with the way it was used.

:)Thanks, that seems like the best idea.

Latest posts

Back