Warm oil manicure assessment

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elliebabes33

Reaction score
hi everyone:)
like my other posts i just need someone to tell me if i have got the warm oil manicure procedure correct! i have already done the exfoliating scrub manicure last week and passed the assessment but still have three to go plus the online city and guilds exam. Is the following correct?

1. Consultation
2. file bevel buff
3. place hands in warm oil to soak
4. do cuticle work, massage and place in plastic and hot mitts.
5. use hot towels to remove oil
6. massage with massage lotion
7. squeak nails clean with cotton wool and nail polish remover
8. apply polish.

we have only done each treatment once and the notes we were given were very vague!

I would appreciate any advice if i have done this wrong!

many thanks! :)

Hi,
thats all i did on my assessment apart from i used towels to wrap hands up in as we ddint have enough heated mitts in college, however i didnt remove the oil instead of removing and using massage lotion to massage i used the oil to massage and if any greasy residue left wiped over with cotton pad.

Hope this helps.:)

See my reply to your other post! :)

And mine too - please do things the way your college require you to not our way.

I'd definitely go with the procedure that the college follows. The result you want is to pass your assessment, the only way you will do this is by using the procedure they want you to follow. I am having this problem at the moment at college but have to just go with what they say.

Normlly you would not do polish after a hot oil manicure as it would be unlikely to adhere well even after squeaking.

Normally it is advised to buff the nails to complete the treatment instead and this is what is taught on the NVQ but your course might be a bit different so check with your tutor before the assessment.

Latest posts

Back