Warning, please read

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tigi

Reaction score
Today we had an iphone stolen from the salon. I thought I would post what happened as according to the police other salons were targeted in my area (llandudno/colwyn bay ) by the same men using the same scam.

Two foreign men , neatly dressed, friendly and presentable came into the salon. They looked turkish maybe greek (lived in these places and they reminded me of turkish /greek men, though please note I am NOT saying that turkish or greek men steal etc etc etc , Im just trying to give description so you can be on your guard).

Their english was very very poor and they struggled to make themselves understood. one did all the talking and distracted a staff member, they said they wanted a price list.

The other hung around the nail desk area and stole an iphone that had been placed behind the nail desk out of view, in fact he would have had to lean over to get it and must have seen it placed there as it was out of public view.

they left , saying that their wife would be back for treatment.

they didnt come back of course and now they have my iphone.

Apparently the same scam was used in other salons and I just wanted to make you aware.

being friday it was busy and they are targetting salons ( maybe they see us as a soft target??)

stay safe peeps

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

That's awful! Don't no how people can do such things!

I hope you get your phone back, or at least some sort of justice on those horrible men.

xx

This was done as a salon near mine, I don't think they got anything but sounds like same people they were Turkish. We had a phone call from the police warning us and they hit a few salons, one asking about prices for his wife keeping staff distracted the other steeling.

Where are u based. X

Similar sounding guys did the same to my friend on the train, blocked her in to confuser her and stole her phone-she realised and kicked off and they had passed it round friends, wrapped it in newspaper n thru it on the floor! She got it back- god love her being so brave. Sorry something similar has happened to u xx

This happened at a salon I use to work out. One distracted a staff member and the other asked another staff to look at a product and as she turned round to get it off the shelf he leaned over and took the iPhone from reception!

This happened in Burton on Trent -the suspects 2males 1 female were actually from Bulgaria..
The other scam at the moment is on the A38 Asian male/family stopping cars asking for petrol to get their family home - good samaritans do give in.

OR

a male asking for money and when driver refuses they show fake gold saying it's worth 300 but will give them it for £50, people have been duped big time..

Be aware if you feel uneasy trust your instinct.. Good post to keep us on our toes x

Have u installed find my iPhone app you can install it without ur phone using iCloud and pin point were it is I installed it on mine when I had turned phone on silent and couldn't find it!

Today we had an iphone stolen from the salon. I thought I would post what happened as according to the police other salons were targeted in my area (llandudno/colwyn bay ) by the same men using the same scam.

Two foreign men , neatly dressed, friendly and presentable came into the salon. They looked turkish maybe greek (lived in these places and they reminded me of turkish /greek men, though please note I am NOT saying that turkish or greek men steal etc etc etc , Im just trying to give description so you can be on your guard).

Their english was very very poor and they struggled to make themselves understood. one did all the talking and distracted a staff member, they said they wanted a price list.

The other hung around the nail desk area and stole an iphone that had been placed behind the nail desk out of view, in fact he would have had to lean over to get it and must have seen it placed there as it was out of public view.

they left , saying that their wife would be back for treatment.

they didnt come back of course and now they have my iphone.

Apparently the same scam was used in other salons and I just wanted to make you aware.

being friday it was busy and they are targetting salons ( maybe they see us as a soft target??)

stay safe peeps

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I've lost soapy phones from them bring stolen in salons that I don't bother with insurance now!

I'm sorry you've had this happen....are there any more securities measures you can take to stop this again?

P.s next time I'm in colwyn I'll pop and say hello! I didn't realise you were there! I'm always down with my caravan!

Hope something is done about these men!

we are installing cctv tomorrow in the reception and nail area, other than that i dont think we can do much else, till is in a office, along with consult cards, appointment book and products. the phone wasnt in view, they must have been watching.

im going to buy a salon mobile, i take appointments throughout the day via texts, emails and facebook, so i think getting an inexpensive mobile that will still do that is the way forward.

im fuming and i wont even begin to tell you the things i would like to do to them, its MY salon, my rules, how dare they take my things that i work my butt off for!! lets just say the saw films would seem like cat in the hat in comparison...!!!

I our town we had a young couple going from the top of the street working their way down stealing ghd s usually the girl would distract receptionist and the guy stole from the window display !
They were druggies, my staff were on guard as soon as they walked in, they got nothing from us. Wish they had lifted a ghd box from my window they would of found out they all dummies full of old magazines lol.
Police caught them later that day. Shame people will buy them and turn a blind eye regarding where they came from. One day their own children may grow up and own a business and some low life steals from them, then how would they feel ?

That sounds exactly the same as what happened in my friends salon, they also took the clients iPhones too. That was about 3 months ago in Worcestershire ..... Very scary

I our town we had a young couple going from the top of the street working their way down stealing ghd s usually the girl would distract receptionist and the guy stole from the window display !
They were druggies, my staff were on guard as soon as they walked in, they got nothing from us. Wish they had lifted a ghd box from my window they would of found out they all dummies full of old magazines lol.
Police caught them later that day. Shame people will buy them and turn a blind eye regarding where they came from. One day their own children may grow up and own a business and some low life steals from them, then how would they feel ?

Believe me, people like that don't breed people who own businesses. Hopefully they'll get their drug money and overdose.

Had a pair in the other day doing this, they had got phones from the estate agents across the road. The woman asked to use the loo. We watched both like hawks as they didn't seem right. They didn't get anything from us.

Had a pair in the other day doing this, they had got phones from the estate agents across the road. The woman asked to use the loo. We watched both like hawks as they didn't seem right. They didn't get anything from us.

That the only way- being very vigilant.. Trust your instincts! Good on you ;)

Same has happened to a colleague in Leeds...

Aww Tigi, i'm sorry...the no good scum. I am fuming for you that they think they have the right to take something you have worked hard to earn and also that you will now feel less trustful of other people who may act similar but actually be sincere.

I hope they get what's coming to them.

A salon in my area had two traveller men come in asking about treatments and one asked to use the bathroom. The therapist showed him where to go and returned to reception. All of a sudden he ran past her and they both bolted. He'd been into the staffroom and taken her phone and ipad.

It wasn't a smooth operation, more like chancers. The salon now has a code on the staff room door xx

anyone who asks to use the bathroom who isnt a customer is flatly told no. Im not a public loo, and htere is one near us so i tell them to go there.

I had a message from a friend saying these people sometimes are also looking around to see what security you have, what products you use etc in case you are worth breaking into at a later date.

I tell you what though, we have a total move around, cctv in, etc etc, and we are now on our guard, so if there is a next time , im ready and they are going to get NOTHING unless its a hiding..

tigi xxx

I too never let anyone use the restroom who isn't a customer.

Petty maybe but why should I pay for loo roll, soap and nice towels for someone who is likely to pee pee on my floor or leave it in a mess and I have to clean it, no, it is simple if you aint spending anything more than a penny with me, you can go elsewhere for your bathroom needs.

I also lock away our valuables, bags etc.. as it is all too easy to be distracted by these low life scum.

Hi i had my iphone stolen in march this year too, by 3 romany gypsies, all women i am in Huddersfield west yorkshire. They are going around though.
On advice I have my door locked with a buzzer now, fairly cheap wireless one from ARGOS-good buy!

Latest posts

Back