Water decals or Konad stamping: Which is best?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mobile Manicure

Reaction score
I'm thinking of doing a bit of basic nail art now. Nothing too elaborate or difficult like 3D sculpting but just a bit of a design on a natural nail or more specifically, toe nails.

I've looked at water decals and some look really nice. So does Konad stamping. Which do you prefer and more to the point, which is easier and quicker?

I love Konad! I always get in a bit of a mess with the water decals. If your freehand nail art is a bit 'dodgy', then Konad is perfect as it's quick and effective :)

Another vote for Konad.
Tried water decals before and they are such a faff.

It's great when you do Konad on gel nails cos if it's wrong, just wipe off and do again.

stamping allllllll the way!

Stamping for me too xxx

KONAD!!! Woooo I love it :)

Stamping for me, I have some decals but find they can bubble after a couple of days :-D

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek

I guess it's unanimous. Konad it is then. Many thanks everyone.

I'm going to be a bit different and say I love both.

Stamping is brilliant, you can wipe it off easily on gel nails if it goes wrong or you've placed it in the wrong location.

But I also find water decals good too. I don't find them a faff or fiddly and mine have all stayed the 3 weeks until a new set of Gelish has been applied. The main thing with the decals is to make sure they are actually dry before putting them on the nail and covering with topcoat, otherwise they do bubble and not last long.

I'm going to be a bit different and say I love both.

Stamping is brilliant, you can wipe it off easily on gel nails if it goes wrong or you've placed it in the wrong location.

But I also find water decals good too. I don't find them a faff or fiddly and mine have all stayed the 3 weeks until a new set of Gelish has been applied. The main thing with the decals is to make sure they are actually dry before putting them on the nail and covering with topcoat, otherwise they do bubble and not last long.

How do you dry them when they have to be soaked in water, I try and get off as much as possible but still think they are wet :-D

How do you dry them when they have to be soaked in water, I try and get off as much as possible but still think they are wet :-D

I get them out from the water and place them on the back of my hand, and gently move them around. The heat from my hand dries up any excess water. I then place them on the inhibition layer of my Gelish, topcoat (sometimes twice if they are little thicker, or the client is a picker) and I'm done.

Latest posts

Back