Wax all over my car! Help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beki89uk

Reaction score
Hi,

So as the subject says, I've spilt pink wax all over the carpet bits of my car! :( does anyone have any tips of getting this out?? Thank you xxxx

Gosh, how annoying!
Is it warm or hot wax?

Not sure this will be the same but this worked for me with candle wax on a carpet. I put some brown paper down and then ironed over it with a warm iron.

Took ages and I used a lot of brown paper but it got it all out . . . eventually!

Salzgirlie xx

I did the iron thing at home when I dropped red candle on it....and there is now a big red stain. I think it depends on the wax type. The best thing you could probably try is freezing the wax with ice and when its hard, pick it off.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I did exactly the same thing months ago!! I told my hubby I could get it out but really i don't have a clue! I just left mine and various things have stuck to it then pulled some wax off when I've pulled them off. It seemed to come off easier when it was cold and the wax had gone hard. I'm going to have to have a proper go at it!

Thank you! I thought about using wax cleaner? Fingers crossed haha! It's strip wax! Xxx

I would get a spoon and direct a hot hairdryer onto the wax and as it melt, scoop it up. Carry on until you can't scoop anymore off and then work some cleaner or oil into it. Nightmare!

I would get a spoon and direct a hot hairdryer onto the wax and as it melt, scoop it up. Carry on until you can't scoop anymore off and then work some cleaner or oil into it. Nightmare!

agreed! i did this a few months ago and it was daddy to the rescue!

Freeze it with one of them freeze sprays you use for injuries it should pick off then remember someone doing it when their kid got chewy in their hair

Latest posts

Back