Wax expert help please - latex and cholophony allergic client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cherrybaby

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

A the title says, I am looking for some advice from the expert waxers here. I have had an enquiry from a potential client who is allergic to latex, cholophony and some fragrance additives. I use Salon Systems cream wax and PR Euroblonde. She is looking to have a bikini wax. Can anyone tell me any waxes that would be ok to use on her please as I'd really like to be able to help this lady. She won't have wax anywhere near her face so has asked if I will tweeze her upper lip. I've agreed but pointed out that this could be quite painful but she's ok with it as it's her only option. I'm actually leaning towards finding someone who does threading to do everything for her as this would seem a much better option but is it possible to thread the bikini line??

Any help or suggestions much appreciated. I've asked her to give me a couple of days to look into this for her to be able to advise her properly.

Many thanks.

I believe the Perron Rigot crystal ocean range is what you're looking for. Hypoallergenic, fragrance free, if I remember correctly it uses synthetic plastifiers instead of colophony. It comes in strip and non-strip waxes.

Re: the upper lip. If she won't try waxing then I would recommend she get threading, electrolysis or IPL done instead. She won't get a clean effect through tweezing alone and it will probably take you ages. Don't forget that bleaching is possible as well. Maybe if she has her bikini done with you for a time she will feel more confident and open to getting the lip waxed too.

Air x

Perron Rigot Pure or Cristalline hot waxes or Cristal Ocean strip wax should be fine. Sounds like a challenging client. x

don't forget you could try using hand sugar or warmed strip sugar,you could do it then.Its natural and less likely to react with her skin,and water soluble, so just wipe over after with a damp cool flannel.

however i would always do a little test patch with a client like this.Good luck.

Thanks guys, really appreciate your help.

I did think about sugaring but I'm not trained so that's out. The more I've thought about it, the more I'm really uncomfortable about tweezing her upper lip and she really did make it sound like anything and everything would bring her allergies out which is the last thing I want. I've actually found a fellow therapist who does threading and is happy to work with her to do her bikini line too so I think I'm going to suggest that she sees her instead as I feel that would be a far better experience for her.

x

With respect to your client, with so many allergies, I'm surprised that she's not found her own method of hair removal to do at home. I would just politely tell her that the products that you use wouldn't be suitable and let her find a therapist that can help her. x

I agree with the other geeks, with regards to threading, you can thread anywhere, but you would have your face a lot loser threading than you would waxing!:!:

Some people say they have allergies when in fact they just have sensitive skin, so sugaring or threading could still cause problems.

Kim, she definitely has allergies as she's had tests done but I agree, I'm going to politely thank her for her enquiry but suggest she try the threading. Thank you all for your input. x

Kim, she definitely has allergies as she's had tests done but I agree, I'm going to politely thank her for her enquiry but suggest she try the threading. Thank you all for your input. x

Just as an update, the lady insisted that she wanted both her eyebrows and upper lip tweezed and understood it might be painful, so I kept the appointment. She was one of the most nervous people I have ever met in my life, clearly had some trust issues in the past and certainly VERY concious about her allergies. The poor lady hardly ever leaves the house due to them. We took it slowly and actually, it was OK! She actually cried when I had finished because she was so pleased she had managed to get through the appointment and that I had been so understanding of her needs. So the situation actually turned around and made me remember why exactly I set up my mobile business.

Thanks again everyone for your help. x

Latest posts

Back