Wax issues - Skin burn quick help needed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss Sylk

Reaction score
Hi been waxing for many years now, decided to change from my salon system jasmine and cherry blossom Gel wax to mercia cream tea tree wax, mainly because of the properties of the tea tree and when my boyfriend waxes me, he can see better where he has put it. The good economy of gel wax didnt really fuss me so i thought now is the time to give another wax a try.

Im so glad i tried it on myself first. I did my brows and upper lip first and im in pain and bright red, bearing in mind i do these areas every 4 weeks and have been for 7 years. Needless to say, thats now been pored in the bin. I was really looking forward to it. The adhesion seems better but i cant risk it on clients.

Reading though my catalouges i see, Silk wax, honey warm wax, Cream wax, cream wax with lavender (which i thought i might like to try but some people have allergies to aromatherapy oils) Can anyone recommend a not too pricey wax that has good adhesion, will suit all skins and that will only pull the hair out , not the skin as with my face!! I did try it on my leg and i haven't gone any more red than usual as yet, but i must say it pulled so much more and shorter hair out than the previous wax.

Obviously i need to buy my wax within the next day or so as i have bookings, so i have to make my mind up quickly and i dont want to waste any more money as i bought 3 tubs.

I dont have an allergy to tea tree or anything other than cats lol Really really confused with this one, such a shame as it grips and pulls out a noticable amount more than my last wax. :-(

Hi cherub,

I wouldn't have poured it away,I think maybe given the nature of the wax that your wax heater may just have needed to have been turned down slightly.Try it and try on a less sensitive area like your leg.
As for your burns use a soothing witch hazel gel.Hope it gets better soon.:hug:

Hi cherub,

I wouldn't have poured it away,I think maybe given the nature of the wax that your wax heater may just have needed to have been turned down slightly.Try it and try on a less sensitive area like your leg.
As for your burns use a soothing witch hazel gel.Hope it gets better soon.:hug:

Sorry, I just edited my original post to say i tried on legs.

My wax heater remains at its usual temperature? Cream wax can be used at a cooler temp, was it too high then? because the pain didnt even start until later although it was more red than normal after, but it really didnt feel hot on application.

Ive put Sudacreme on and it stung! so tried my afterwax again no luck, now put Lavender oil on, everything stings i havnt got witch hazel but i wouldnt anyway, too scared, im so red raw :-(

My wax heater remains at its usual temperature? Cream wax can be used at a cooler temp, was it too high then? because the pain didnt even start until later although it was more red than normal after, but it really didnt feel hot on application.

I do find some waxes need a slight adjustment.Is it actually a burn or just irritation?

I do find some waxes need a slight adjustment.Is it actually a burn or just irritation?

Its a burn because the whole shape of the wax is left on my skin in red, not spots, the whole shape, red raw, not itchy, but stings and the smooth feeling you get after waxing had doubled in comparison to my last wax, indicating to me that a lot more skin has been removed than the "usual" top layer! :-(

Anyway, im feeling sleepy after inhaling pure lavender off my top lip for the last hour lol i hope i get this sorted as i need a trip to the suppliers tommorow for a decent wax before i hurt a client. I do have one tub left as i got 3 and put two in my heater. But i wont dare use it again.

Its a burn because the whole shape of the wax is left on my skin in red, not spots, the whole shape, red raw, not itchy, but stings and the smooth feeling you get after waxing had doubled in comparison to my last wax, indicating to me that a lot more skin has been removed than the "usual" top layer! :-(

Anyway, im feeling sleepy after inhaling pure lavender off my top lip for the last hour lol i hope i get this sorted as i need a trip to the suppliers tommorow for a decent wax before i hurt a client. I do have one tub left as i got 3 and put two in my heater. But i wont dare use it again.

Okay,well I would be inclined to try it one more time before writing it off but turn the heater down slightly,maybe use a pre wax oil before applying,just to be on the safe side.

Be beau is a wonderful wax.Not sold in shops but pm Collin for details.HTH

Ive put Sudacreme on and it stung! so tried my afterwax again no luck, now put Lavender oil on, everything stings i havnt got witch hazel but i wouldnt anyway, too scared, im so red raw :-(

With burns its best not to put any creams/ointments/lotions on it. Just a cold compress. Anything else could aggravate it further. Hope its feeling better today.x

With burns its best not to put any creams/ointments/lotions on it. Just a cold compress. Anything else could aggravate it further. Hope its feeling better today.x
Whitch Hazel gel doesnt sting it's really soothing,cool and perfect for burns and after electrolysis.

If it was a burn, it would burn when you applied the wax. This is removal of skin, in which case, applying a colagen gel/cream would work well or aloe vera. Applying a thin layer of oil on the skin prior to waxing would be recommended. How did you prep your skin before applying wax?

(

The best way to tell if your wax is the right temperature is to test it on the inside of your wrist.

Latest posts

Back