Wax maintaining temperature?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tiggerlady

Reaction score
Hi geeks, Im now practising on volunteers after doing my wax training. I have 2 Deo heaters with dials (500 and 1000cc)and have read threads regarding temperatures etc. I use Perron Rigot and am a little frustrated to say the least! I turn the heaters on full for half an hour, then back down to what seems to be the right temp for the room etc ,being about 4 for cristal and 3 1/2 for the euro about an hour before client due in. I did a clients legs ...wasnt too bad, went to do brows with the euro and it had pretty much set again!! Lid was on the pot as well! I appreciate that the temp may need to be adjusted as and when required, but should it vary that much? Am not sure if its me doing something wrong or the heater being a bit unreliable, or is it the nature of the wax?? Not keen on buying new digital one as just gone and bought the 1000 ..but if I have to, then so be it..I just would like to know if anyone else has found this problem..Room temp was going up if anything, so its not logical wax should get colder...
Any help gratefully recieved..thanks..

Hello
Have u got air conditioning or a fan on? Sometimes that can set the top but its still ok underneath.

Caroline xx

I find the digital ones so much better at maintaining the temp and consistency of the wax.

Oh dear, malewaxer, thats not what I wanted to hear, but sort of suspected as much!! No, there was no fan on, just a convector heater the other side of room to keep temp up for client, so should have been more runny, not less, I suppose..The small one seems to cope with the cristal much better with not much variation in consistency, but the big one..grrr! I dont feel right taking it back, as its not strictly faulty, so might have to keep it as a back up..:irked:Thank you for your replies though..

I've got the Hive digital duo wax pot with 1000 and 500 pots and they work brilliantly
you know exactly what temp you're at
well worth the money :hug:
Sarah x

Yes, digital are great……….but not perfect.

Deo are a fab company, so give them a call as it sounds as though your heater may be faulty.

It did take me a while when I first started to find the right number on the dial for the waxes!

I don't mean to sound funny, but just turn it up a bit (½ a notch) and leave it. I'd say that unless you're in a rush - just leave the dials set at working temperature and turn them on earlier.

If you need them on at 9am and don't want to go in for 7 - the plug in timers are really good for non-digital heaters.

You'll get there :)
J.

I use the hive digital duo heater, can any one advise about the best temperature for cristal ocean strip wax and euro blond hot wax. Thanks, I appreciate any contribution.:biggrin:

Thanks I accidentally found my answer after a very long search.;)

Thanks I accidentally found my answer after a very long search.;)
Hiya. I have seen your post and I wondered what temperature you are using? I have the same machine and have same wax struggling to find the right temperature for both strip and non strip,? Thanks

Hiya. I have seen your post and I wondered what temperature you are using? I have the same machine and have same wax struggling to find the right temperature for both strip and non strip,? Thanks
You're probably best popping up a new post as this thread is quite a few years old x

Latest posts

Back