Wax on client's carpet!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OBIC

Reaction score
Work part mobile and part from home but on Thursday went to wax a new client. Well used my mobile nail table for my wax and well I obviously hadn't checked it was up correctly and it collapased! I was completely mortified! Fortunately the pot was inside the plastic box I carry the wax pot around it so that managed to catch most of it but it still left a patch the size of a CD on the carpet. Tea Tree wax! Also fortunately the carpet was fairly old and the same colour as the wax. Still not good but somehow by scrapping up the wax and then using the wax cleaner on the carpet I managed to clean it all up. Well am thinking I am in the wrong business here and should actually be a carpet cleaner - you would never have known it had happened!!

The client was absolutely lovely about it and has rebooked me for September! I told her I was insured but it looked like nothing had happened when I left. Said I wouldn't take payment from her but she insisted. Would you contact her to check all was still okay with the carpet or pop a bunch of flowers in or something, or just leave it at that?

Thanks

I think just a call to see if everything is ok with the carpet would suffice personally,

i would leave it. you did everything right. i think if you made contact about the carpet again it may make you seem less confident. you made a mistake, you fixed it, client was happy enough to pay you and the biggest complement..she rebooked. and shes probably got a cleaner carpet for it!

just an idea. i buy value plastic dust sheets from b&Q its a couple of pounds for a pack of two i think and i just lay in down before i set up my couch and stuff and then in the event of an accident its all contained. as long as you dont get any spillages you can keep reusing it and any minor traces of wax can be wiped away with wax remover. just a suggestion, it works for me. i came up with the idea after i got a new client for waxing after she sacked her old therapist for getting wax on her carpet and table and leaving without saying anything. client said she wouldnt of minded if she was honest and just cleared it up. anyway i always take the sheet with me for her for reassurance and for other clients with new or lush carpet. other times i wax in the kitchen it its big enough, tiles and lino is much easier to clean up after!

dont worry. always act confident, keep calm and proffesional and you client will be fine, and well done on such a great clean up job:)

:eek: *Hugs to you!* I would have died!

Personally I think I'd/you should leave it... If she said it was fine, was nice about it and insisted on paying when you left even when you offered the treatment free... Though saying that, in the face of all logic I'd still end up calling in a panic just to check lol

So I'm no help whatsoever but I didn't want to read and run!

Also, if you fancy doing my carpet.... :lol:

Have you thought of trying PhD Wax, it's in tubes with applicator heads, rather than tubs that can spill x

That's a real tough lesson to learn my lovely but thank goodness you could put it right 100%.

You did everything you should have done and you didn't charge her. I think that's enough really.

Jacqui xx

Have you thought of trying PhD Wax, it's in tubes with applicator heads, rather than tubs that can spill x

It has been known for those tubes to split and go over carpets! I dont think its a regular occurance but take heed nonetheless!

Thanks guys. Yes think I will just leave it, it all looked fine in the end!

Yes will defo have to look into some plastic sheeting.

Thanks again.

ax

It has been known for those tubes to split and go over carpets! I dont think its a regular occurance but take heed nonetheless!

The bigger phd heaters are also not great for mobile and the little j pod caused me lots of hassle when it came to doing a full leg. The egg pot system is much better as its like 3 wax pots in one and is not big and cumbersome.

The dust sheet idea is great, I used to do the same thing but with a clear polythene tarp sheet as the cheaper dust sheets are a little too flimsy and tear easily. X

Sent from my GT-S5830 using SalonGeek

Hi I know exactly how you feel I went to a client today and plugged my minx lamp in behind me as the lead is not that long and her plug socket was in the corner I began to pep and the lamp had fallen to one side turned it's self on and burnt the carpet! I cud not believe I was devastated I had to really stop myself from bursting into tears! I offered her treatments for free but the same she refused and paid me, I also will be paying to replace the carpet as soon as she gets a quote, I felt like such a fool but luckily she was really nice about it and just said accidents happen don't worry but I can't help feeling so bad about it :( sorry for long post just needed to get it out lol xxx

It happened to me once. Thank god for insurance as I had to replace the whole carpet!!

Latest posts

Back