Wax sensitivity

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi, I'm after some advice please. I've been waxing for 10years and never had this problem. I waxed a ladies eyebrows a few weeks ago, first time she had ever had them done. They were very red after and I had thought this was due to her never having waxing before. She tells me now several weeks later she thinks she is allergic to the wax as they stayed red and were sore and swollen.

I have just done her daughter tonight and she has had the same reaction. The same redness as her mum.

As this is has never happened in 10 years of waxing I am worrying (and I'm anxious at the best of times!)

I tested the wax on myself and a small patch on her before doing the full treatment so I dont believe the wax was too hot. I am very hygienic and have waxed other people inbetween these two with no problems.

Any ideas what has caused this reaction?

Thank you

I would assume that they are just very sensitive to the treatment or perhaps an ingredient within the wax. If you aren’t having the same reactions with other clients then they are just super sensitive.

Hi, I'm after some advice please. I've been waxing for 10years and never had this problem. I waxed a ladies eyebrows a few weeks ago, first time she had ever had them done. They were very red after and I had thought this was due to her never having waxing before. She tells me now several weeks later she thinks she is allergic to the wax as they stayed red and were sore and swollen.

I have just done her daughter tonight and she has had the same reaction. The same redness as her mum.

As this is has never happened in 10 years of waxing I am worrying (and I'm anxious at the best of times!)

I tested the wax on myself and a small patch on her before doing the full treatment so I dont believe the wax was too hot. I am very hygienic and have waxed other people inbetween these two with no problems.

Any ideas what has caused this reaction?

Thank you

Check if they are allergic to plasters or latex. Latex comes from plants and plant resins are in most waxes.

Latest posts

Back