Waxing - Actinic Keratosis contraindication?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SassyStevie

Reaction score
Hi all! First thread I've posted on this forum, not sure it looks fantastic but it'll do :)

I can't find anything on the internet about this :(

If a client has Actinic Keratosis, am I able to perform hair removal, specifically strip wax? From what I know, Actinic Keratosis is a pre-cancerous spot, and being PRE-cancerous I'd have thought it to be no worry. But I know if a spot IS cancerous, any sort of treatment can stimulate the cancer cells and it becomes a contraindication.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

Sounds like a "refer to GP" case to me.

Hi yes you must get a letter from her doctor . Nothing will happen but just imagine if something did you could be blamed and it might just be a coincidence, not worth your reputation and her health.:)

Thanks Guys/Gals! I thought it might be the case of referring to a GP. As it is, the spots are 'crusted' so would be considered an open wound/lesion anyhow. I just wasn't sure if it was ok even if they were healed over. Definitely storing that one in my noggin for recall :)

I wouldn't………even with a docs letter. I'd be so worried that it could trigger something off so it's not worth it.

Tell your clients to start treatment program with keratosis Pilaris first using SR Lotion before getting your waxing services. Sr Lotion eventually evens out the surface which will become pretty safe for you to perform the task. As of the moment, any movement might trigger the spots. I wont take the risk if I were you. SR Lotion works for Rosacea and Itchyosis too. Just so you know.

It's available online at srlotion.com.

Oh wow, I have never heard of SR lotion before but will be giving it a go as the reviews look great....I have keratosis Pilatis so this would be fab if it does work....has anyone out there actually used it? Can you get it on prescription?

Oh wow, I have never heard of SR lotion before but will be giving it a go as the reviews look great....I have keratosis Pilatis so this would be fab if it does work....has anyone out there actually used it? Can you get it on prescription?

I think no prescription needed. I got mine only from the site itself.

Latest posts

Back