waxing advice please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daisy loo

Reaction score
Hi all,

I could do with a bit of advice on waxing if anyone out there can help me?
I think that I spread the wax on too thickly as I sometimes have stringy bits flying around as I pull the strip off. I use hive honey wax with pot and spatula and always take the wax off from one side and then dribble some left on the other side by upending the spatula on the scrape bar - not a very eloquent description I know but this is the only way I can describe it!
My other question is, is it ok to keep reheating and mixing old and new wax. Hope all this makes sense. Thanks in advance for your help.

Yes could be that you are having too much wax on the skin / strip but you would also feel that the removal is not that easy.
Make sure you dip the spatula, scrape one side, then turn it and when you apply the wax hold the spatula parallel to the skin with the narrow side down so that you can apply the wax by scraping it thinly onto the skin.
It might also be worth you checking the temperature as your wax might be not warm enough which means it would be difficult to apply it thinly.

Maybe when you start off make sure you are not "overloading" the wax strip ie...change it earlier so that there is not too much wax building up which would be flicked around the room LOL :hug:

I agree with what britta has said, and also in addition to that i would just add to make sure you are pulling the strip off parallel to the skin and not upwards as this can also cause the wax to come away stringy and flick off in all sorts of directions as well as being more uncomfortable for your client.

Regarding what you say about mixing old wax with new wax, do you mean topping your wax pot up? If so then its fine to do this but never mix different manufacturers products.

hth

xx:hug:xx

I have had the same problem in the past with strings of wax flying around when pulling the wax strip!

I was taught to apply a line of wax with spatula down the full length of the leg (below knee to ankle) and remove in about 3 goes, starting from the bottom of the line of wax.

But I have found that if you start from the top of the line of wax, it stops you from getting stringy bits, just make sure the end of the wax strip isn't on the wax before you remove (I leave about 1cm from edge of wax strip).

I hope this makes sense! Lol, its one of those things that is much easier to show someone than to explain it :irked:

Thanks for all your advice and comments. I think I just need a litttle more practice as I seem to be doing it all as suggested!:)

Latest posts

Back