Waxing - After wax retail products

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fozzyo

Reaction score
I'm just about to start trying to build up my waxing clients - its a new treatment that I really enjoy giving. I was just wondering what you guys recommend for after-care in terms of applying any products, prevent ingrowing hairs etc. Do you use it as an opportunity to retail one of the many after-wax products available.

Thanks
Mat

I use the Australian Bodycare products and although clients like it they never buy it !

However I do know quite a few salons that stock it and seem to retail loads of it so maybe its me not pushing it enough.

ABC sell sample sizes of the hand & body lotion so I usually give one of these to every client after waxing, with an aftercare leaflet.

I retail a small size of after wax lotion- just the Wax Master brand from Ellisons - it's very popular as it's not too expensive but very good. If someone has a problem with persistant ingrown hairs I usually recommend that they buy Pfb Vanish from the website, but I've now seen a supplier that stocks it, I think it may be Salons Direct, so I may get some of those in to retail as well.

Good thread, Mat! Link-selling is often overlooked when it comes to waxing but I'm of the firm belief that the proper use of suitable homecare products can really help the customer enjoy the benefits of their newly smooth skin for longer. Post waxing soreness, ingrown hairs and folliculitis are just some of the unwanted side-effects that can be minimised by educating our clients in the use of the correct lotions, potions or other items.

A few suggestions for retail:
  • Antiseptic/soothing after wax gels or lotions (e.g. aloe vera, witch hazel gel, Sterex cream - as Sarah highlighted, these can be bought and sold very inexpensively)
  • Tea tree products (antimicrobial, helps prevent folliculitis)
  • Antibacterial cleanser/shower gel
  • Bath salts (contain various soothing and mildly antibacterial agents - aromatherapists can also add essential oils such as lavender or tea tree for a synergistic effect)
  • Exfoliating body mitts (shifts dead skin cells to help prevent ingrown hairs - the natural sisal ones are lovely but many beauty wholesalers also stock the nylon gloves)
  • Body scrubs (not as effective as mitts, but some customers prefer the convenience of a scrub)
  • Moisturising body lotions (use after bathing to keep the skin supple and help prevent ingrown hairs)
  • AHA products and specific ingrown hair treatments (e.g. PFB Vanish, Tend Skin, Ingrow Go, etc).
Obviously you can pick and choose from that list according to your budget and customer base!

You could also put together a ready made homecare kit with some instructions for first time customers, containing perhaps some after wax soothing lotion, antibacterial cleanser and exfoliating mitt.

One further tip - don't leave it til the till to talk retail, either show your clients the homecare products they will need before you even start the treatment or talk them through the options as you are finishing the service. This way it becomes an integral part of the treatment rather than being seen by the customer as an optional 'add on' or last ditch attempt to boost sales.

HTH's :D

Andy x

Hi
If you do waxing you should sell and use PFB Vanish. It treats and prevents ingrown hairs..works like majic on bikini lines. It comes in a .25 roll on trial size 4 oz roll on retail size and 16 oz professional. see pfbvanish.co.uk You can also get hair inhibiting body lotion that makes regrowth less coarse and waxing less painful.. I have heard tell of a new product which makes waxing painless...i will post again when I find out what it is called

Latest posts

Back