Waxing and luxury pedi during same treatment?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pure

Reaction score
OK I have a message on my answer phone from a lady wanting 1/2 leg wax and a luxury pedi, to include mask, hot booties and leg massage. Now before I book her in would it be better to do the treatments on seperate days?

I know I can't wax immediately before doing the pedi but it wouldn't really work the other way around either.:irked: I don't want to wax sensitized legs!!

What do you all do? :hug:

Ok... ideally it would be done on different days but I bet you the client doesn't want to make two appts! She won't have the time, I promise you!

I personally WOULD do it, I would do the leg wax first, but not the toes, but I would explain to her that I can ONLY work on the feet for the pedicure, so that no product is going on the leg.

If she has hairy toes, I would hot wax them at the end, and explain that although it's not very relaxing, it's the only way. (A bit like when people want an eyebrow shape and a facial at the same time.)

Depending on the client and how much I want to faff I might massage their calves with after wax lotion or oil :)

Thanks Zoe.:hug:

What about doing the pedi first including the leg massage, then prep legs and wax, then apply polish?:confused:

If waxing first I'd worry about getting any product on the newly waxed skin. :rolleyes:

My issue with doing the waxing afterwards is just that it detracts from the relaxation.. I suppose you could explain the pros and cons to the client and they could choose which way to go ?

Thats true, to be all relaxed and then subjected to pain!!
So apart from client preference you don't think that there is any reason, such as possible contra-actions, for doing one before the other?

Well.... like I said, I would do it... but I would definitely try not to get pedi products up the leg!

Hi

With the massage you could always use your after wax as a massage medium if possible. For example I use perron rigot and they have a cooling gel and a moisture cream so I would use the cream. I would wax first and then explain only foot would be exfloiated.

What was meant by the same as eyebrows and facials zozo?

Becki xxx

Hi

With the massage you could always use your after wax as a massage medium if possible. For example I use perron rigot and they have a cooling gel and a moisture cream so I would use the cream. I would wax first and then explain only foot would be exfloiated.

What was meant by the same as eyebrows and facials zozo?

Becki xxx

Sorry, what I meant was, I wouldn't wax eyebrows before a facial because of the products going on to freshly waxed skin, but if you wax eyebrows at the end of a facial it's not a very relaxing way to end the facial for the client. But they still want it!

lol, i get it. I personal wax at the start and avoid that area for the rest of the treatment for that very reason. Its only a small area anyway.

Becki xxx

I would wax legs first, then proceed with pedicure. just take it easy with any exfoliation on the legs... end it at the foot.

I also wax the eyebrows before a facial. Then I use the facial products to sooth.

i would wax legs then do pedicure but not put any products onto the leg

This is the same a someone else

LEGS wax then do a pedicure use after wax oil to massage

Face definatly facial then eyebrows the other way round is ludicurous!:eek:

why do you feel the other way around is ''ludicrous''

becki xxx

Basically because just think of after care advice to waxing?

1. Dont use any creams, perfumed, essential oils, exfoliants on the area for 24 hours (personally i say until tommorow)
2. No steam or heat treatments
3. Avoid touching the area
4. If irritation occurs use a cold compress on the area

In a facial you do most of the things that you tell a client not too, and use the products which you tell her not to?

I would not be able to do a facial and totally avoid the eyebrows thats my personal opinion xx

I see what your saying and I agree if the client has very sensitive skin.
But surely with eyebrows I wouldn't be using an exfoliating product down onto the eye socket (and could avoid in between).
During any heat treatment the eyes would be covered with cotton pads anyway (I use hot towels).
Obviously I may inadvertently touch the area but as my hands would be extremely clean I wouldn't be introducing germs onto the area, which is why we advise clients not to touch.
The product range I use is gentle and not highly perfumed anyway, so I would prefer the client to go away relaxed rather than end on waxing. JMO.:)

Not being rude but i do not agree with that at all:rolleyes:

Also when i wax it doesn't hurt people they have said they find it relaxing

I dont believe anyone can find waxing relaxing despite how good you are, hair is still been ripped out of the follice which is surrounded by nerve endings:eek:

I'm not gonna lie :zzz:

If you apply oil and hot wax eyebrows it is not very painful nor very traumatic for the skin, that's the truth :)

My process:
1.Foot soak warm water with scrub on legs and foot
2.Leg wax with aftercare
3.Continue treating the nails and foot including polish
4.Massage foot and leg with waxing aftercare oil not massaging the toes
5.Extra foot moisturiser on feet

Latest posts

Back