Waxing causing STI's

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

missljw

Reaction score
I was just searching the internet to find somewhere to go for my waxing.. Came across this for aftercare advice.
"No sex after Sac, Crack, Brazilian and Hollywood waxing to avoid STI's."

How on earth could waxing then sex cause an STI?

STD's/STI's are exactly that, transmitted sexually. God only knows where they got that bit of info from

Last edited:
It's got nothing to do with STIs it's about good aftercare and keeping freshly waxed skin clean and to avoid any reaction or potential infection.
As with any areas that we wax clients should avoid touching the area that has been waxed to avoid spreading bacteria and infection to freshly waxed skins and open pores so avoiding sexual contact, sweat, friction etc etc is essential as part of their aftercare.
Good old google!

That's wax and toilet seats then :).

Trich lives on toilet seats for 45 minutes!

Trich lives on toilet seats for 45 minutes!

Well all that hanging over public loos through the years often weeing down my leg has saved me from something then.. and my mum must have Been right "NEVER SIT ON A PUBLIC LOO SEAT" you'll get the lurgy which was obviously thrichomoniasis :).I think if anyone ever got it I doubt they ever got it from a toilet seat more like an affair they didnt want to admit to.

Most computer keyboards have more germs on them than toilet seats (especially in the office I worked in before *) so no sitting naked on those either please! :)

*except mine of course

Most computer keyboards have more germs on them than toilet seats (especially in the office I worked in before *) so no sitting naked on those either please! :)

*except mine of course

Or photocopiers

Same old rubbish they churn out:(

Well all that hanging over public loos through the years often weeing down my leg has saved me from something then.. and my mum must have Been right "NEVER SIT ON A PUBLIC LOO SEAT" you'll get the lurgy which was obviously thrichomoniasis :).I think if anyone ever got it I doubt they ever got it from a toilet seat more like an affair they didnt want to admit to.

He he i never sit on a public toilet seat either xx

I used to work in a GUM clinic and one poor lady came in saying her husband told her she had caught gonorrhoea from him digging the garden!

She believed him till she was put straight! Some infections are sexually transmitted some transmissible if you understand, I.e. A cold sore on your mouth if touched, can transmit herpes to the genitals.

Last edited:
To be serious of course the skin in the area will have suffered some trauma and the usual protective acid mantle temporarily changed,skin could be open allowing viruses,bacteria and fungal infection the opportunity to enter the blood stream which is why aftercare advises against sex for 24 to 48 hours depending on reaction

Latest posts

Back