Waxing help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CazCardiff

Reaction score
I've never ever waxed anything before. I covered waxing in my Beauty Therapy course, but it was very very basic and I did it many years ago so forgotton most of it! I've never tried waxing, and will never do it on anyone (im not into Beauty side of things).
So I tried waxing my legs for the first time a couple of days ago. I did half leg, using a Veet wax kit. Was totally unimpressed, it took ages, left loads of hairs and didnt even touch any hairs under 3mm !! I did exactly as I was taught, and how the instructions told me, but what I'd really like to know is if this is the case with Salon professional waxing too? Does it leave the tiny fine hairs behind? My legs still feel fuzzy :-(
Thanks for any help and hope I make sense
Caroline
x

If you are comparing waxing to Veet then its a bit like comparing apples and pears as those are completely different. I think we have all tried different things but i am not sure Veet actually pulls any hairs!

Waxing in the professional sense with the right products will pull even the finest and shortest hair but as you say its been a long time and only covered briefly without you actually gaining any experience i would recommend to get a refresher course if you want to implement this treatment for your clients.

If its only for you personally i would probably try and find out if there is a therapist near you as you will be happy with the results and not have to worry about sticky legs!

If you are comparing waxing to Veet then its a bit like comparing apples and pears as those are completely different. I think we have all tried different things but i am not sure Veet actually pulls any hairs!

Waxing in the professional sense with the right products will pull even the finest and shortest hair but as you say its been a long time and only covered briefly without you actually gaining any experience i would recommend to get a refresher course if you want to implement this treatment for your clients.

If its only for you personally i would probably try and find out if there is a therapist near you as you will be happy with the results and not have to worry about sticky legs!

It was a proper Veet Hot Wax kit I used. Heated for 1hr. I cant use the veet cream due to allergies, and cant use shaving creams either. I have to shave just with water but cant bear the itchy regrowth anymore. I tear my legs to shreds every time I have regrowth. lol

if you use a product that is not just meant for professional use then you arent really going to get a professional finish,

why dont you try having your legs waxed in a salon and see the difference?

First bit of professional choice you need to make... DON'T use Veet... sorry but it's as you found NOT up to the job.

either invest in a proper system or get someone to wax your legs for you :)

Latest posts

Back