Waxing Help!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SarahQ

Reaction score
Hi all.

Recently qualified in waxing and now offering treatments to my clients. We weren't shown how to use talc on the course but I've been told it's a must with bikni's? Just wondered what you experienced geeks thought?

Thanks xx

Did they teach you to use oil instead of the talc ?

No. I'm really confused now!!Lol.

The up to date method is to use oil as a lipid barrier between skin and wax,
this makes it more comfortable for the client as you are removing hair only, not skin,
and this is used for all areas of skin,
do all your cleansing of the area you are going to wax then put a drop of oil into your palm and apply to the area to be waxed,
you only need the smallest amount or the wax will not apply,
if you think you have applied too much or can see the oil shining just wipe the excess off with some couch roll then wax away,

the bikini area is one of the more likely areas to tear if you don't use a lipid barrier and stretch the skin as much as you can when applying the wax and removing the wax, hth :hug:

Fab, thanks x

There's nothing wrong with using talc really, it's just very old fashioned and things have moved on.

You can try oil first off by applying a tiny amount of baby oil on the area you are about to wax. If you get on with it, then buy a light oil meant for that purpose.

It'll seem strange at first but you'll love it.....and you client will too. xxx

i take it you can use oil with all types of wax? what oil would you recommend? x

Yes you can use it with all waxes,
the wax companies that sell the oil tend to supply jasmine oil hth

i'm just starting up and practicing waxing on a friend next week, we used talc at college but I'll need to try out oil.

would you use about the same amount as in a massage or less?

Less,
if you can see it on the skin then you have used too much, just wipe off with couch roll and enough will be left on the skin for you to wax,
you need the smallest amount.

On the utube vid that Kim did for professional beauty she said a bottle of the jasmine oil lasts about a year.

On the utube vid that Kim did for professional beauty she said a bottle of the jasmine oil lasts about a year.

Did I?? I never watch myself.

The large salon size lasted me 15mths to be exact and I used it every day to wax and train. Tint, tiny drop, that's all you need. xxx

Latest posts

Back