Waxing! How soon were you confident?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Ok I'm biting the bullet and spending what small saving I have to jump on the kim lawless training! I first want to do basic waxing and then intimate waxing! I've heard such great things and want to be able to add this to my skills already which are nails and lashes!?

I'm interested in hearing from those who have her course- how soon afterwards were you confident to wax others? Was it so good you could start right away- or did you end up doing loads of freebies???

I had already done waxing at college but wasn't at all confident and it didn't cover intimate.

After doing speed & intimate waxing with Kim I was confident right away. It still takes a bit of time to get your groove but I did Brazilians on my 2 best friends within a week of the training and was totally fine. Before that I'd had a total disaster trying to do a regular bikini wax on one of them!

I think all comes with practice
I'm still not confident... in school we practiced a lot, I have my clients very satisfied but i'm not satisfied yet of myself. In school they only showed us the bikini line but i want to do brazilian - I do on myself hollywood (my idea of hollywood is all :) ) and i've done twice on my friends all... and they were pleased. I wish i can practice more or at least to find some extra courses on waxing only to get more confident with myself.

I haven't done Kim lawless training, but I'm hoping too soon! (The intimate waxing course) I haven't heard a bad thing about Kim and everyone seems too constantly sing her praises! Very excited about booking on a course soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I trained with Kim for male waxing and was confident before I left the room!
As the others have said practice makes perfect and you will soon get your speed and confidence to the point that you don't even think about it....

Good luck

Well, I've done it guys... Booked on to the next available course which is.... February lol! Exciting!!!

After I do the basic waxing I want to do intimate waxing!!

Ive been waxing for years but thinking of doing Kims course just to say 'I have' where is she based. I'm in Basingstoke.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Ive been waxing for years but thinking of doing Kims course just to say 'I have' where is she based. I'm in Basingstoke.

She's based in Essex on the outskirts of east london- upminster! You can get the tube from London it's right at the end of the green line (I think it's district line).

How much I love waxing I'm really not confident! I would love to do Kim's course but not got much saved and no way of me getting there that's not going to cost a lot too 😔 I guess more and more practice is all I can do for now! xx

I'm still not confident! :)

Seriously, confidence is king! I drum it into you like a broken record.

How much I love waxing I'm really not confident! I would love to do Kim's course but not got much saved and no way of me getting there that's not going to cost a lot too 😔 I guess more and more practice is all I can do for now! xx

Where abts ru based?

I'm not far from you and I drove up. I did 2 days so I stayed in a hotel but you could do it in a day if you don't mind an early morning!

I have an apprentice that has done her level 2 and is now doing her level 3, she cannot do any of the treatments the college deemed her fit to do and passed her on, it's a joke!

I have been giving clients a huge discount for her to get her confidence and skills up but it's not really working - do you think she would benefit if sent to Kim for more wax training?

I have an apprentice that has done her level 2 and is now doing her level 3, she cannot do any of the treatments the college deemed her fit to do and passed her on, it's a joke!

I have been giving clients a huge discount for her to get her confidence and skills up but it's not really working - do you think she would benefit if sent to Kim for more wax training?

Absolutely !
Her manner of teaching is friendly, but informative. Your apprentice (or anyone on the course) will benefit greatly from her experience. Nice relaxed atmosphere and she's always there for wax advice.

There was a fair handful of things that I wasn't confident in after college and some extra training courses made me the therapist I am today :)

With regards to waxing, I haven't needed to do it much in my career so far (spas) but seeing that my college course was very basic and that I'm hoping to do more waxing in the future, I am looking forward to Lycon training later this month. I've chosen to go with Lycon because the wax looks fantastic in terms of the technology behind it and I am keen to use hot wax or a hybrid for all body waxing.

Well, I've done it guys... Booked on to the next available course which is.... February lol! Exciting!!!

After I do the basic waxing I want to do intimate waxing!!

Oh I'm so jealous!!! The February date is when I'm on holiday :'( I'm waiting for more dates to be added. Sooooo desperate to do this course!!!

Oh I'm so jealous!!! The February date is when I'm on holiday :'( I'm waiting for more dates to be added. Sooooo desperate to do this course!!!

Awwww it would of been nice to meet some people who are going too!
Get on the next one
Or there was actually a cancellation space for one on 3rd dec .... I couldn't get time off but maybe if u call up u might get in on that one?

I've booked in with kim for the eyebrow training as I have absolutely no confidence with them at all I turn into a nervous wreck when I know I've got to do them, so hoping kim can sort me out😃 I've also done training with lycon which I enjoyed but practise gave me the confidence with that, so offered lots of freebies to willing friends x

I'm doing the speed waxing and intimate waxing course next week. Never waxed before, sooooooo excited!! 2 days with no kids is also a bit of a treat too!

Latest posts

Back