Waxing newbie!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steph86

Reaction score
Hi waxing geeks,

I did hair + beauty when I left school and didn't ever feel confident doing waxing-except eyebrows and upper llip.

So I am going on a course to learn properly.

I am pricing up everything, training, wax heaters etc.

Please could you tell me what is good, what isn't, and any other useful info.

I have looked at Hive wax heaters, but unsure if I'd need the 500cc or the 1000cc version.

From what I have read on here Perron rigot wax (is it the euroblonde?) Is a good one to use-how long does the 800 gr bag last?

Jasmine oil (if I remember correctly) is also a must, what do you use after a wax?

Is it still fabric strips to use when waxing?

I want to buy all my kit in Feb as after my course I want to be able to practise straight away.

I will be waxing mobile until I take the plunge to get my own room and leave the salon I currently also work in.

Sorry for all the questions, just would like to start off with the correct/best kit/products :)

Also, how many practise clients did you all do til you started charging? Xx

PR products are fab and def the best I've come across.

Euroblond is a non-strip wax (i use for bikini and underarm waxing and get 6-8 hollywoods/brazilians out of one bag) and i use cristal ocean for my strip wax (legs, arms and facial waxing)

You'd need blue lotion aswell as the jasmine oil for pre wax products and either the moisturising milk or refreshing gel as an after wax.

With regards to heaters, the pr strip waxes come in tins that only fit it the 1000cc heaters (unless you melt it and decant into a 500cc which is a bit too much faffing about tbh)

Hth
Xx

Sent from my GT-I8150 using SalonGeek

Hi waxing geeks,

I did hair + beauty when I left school and didn't ever feel confident doing waxing-except eyebrows and upper llip.

So I am going on a course to learn properly.

I am pricing up everything, training, wax heaters etc.

Please could you tell me what is good, what isn't, and any other useful info.

I have looked at Hive wax heaters, but unsure if I'd need the 500cc or the 1000cc version.

From what I have read on here Perron rigot wax (is it the euroblonde?) Is a good one to use-how long does the 800 gr bag last?

Jasmine oil (if I remember correctly) is also a must, what do you use after a wax?

Is it still fabric strips to use when waxing?

I want to buy all my kit in Feb as after my course I want to be able to practise straight away.

I will be waxing mobile until I take the plunge to get my own room and leave the salon I currently also work in.

Sorry for all the questions, just would like to start off with the correct/best kit/products :)

Also, how many practise clients did you all do til you started charging? Xx
If you are able to attend one of Perron Rigots discovery days you can see the whole range of the waxes and all the pre and post wax products and have a chance to try them out for yourself. If you look at their FB page dates and details of the discovery days are on there.

I agree that the 1000cc size heaters are the best.

Hth Jack

Thank you both.

I shall take a new look at the order book and mark off what else I need. Arrh see I didn't know that euroblonde was for more sensitive areas. I will take a look at the other wax too, sounds silly but do you get seperate pots with the heater? Or do you buy them seperatly? So you have one for each wax. Really appreciate your advice.

Ooo I will go on FB now and search for them, that would be great to be able to see, and test the products before buying :)

Thanks again xx

Thanks for starting this thread, I'm also looking at having some training in waxing and will be mobile. You have asked all the questions I wanted to ask too.

Hairdaze- Ooo it is exciting isn't it? I can't wait to get started, just need to do a little saving-but I think it's worth it to do it properly. Where are you planning on training? Xx

You need to have 2 heaters really if you'll be using strip & non strip

Arrh Thanks crunch! Good to know. Xx

Yeah 2 wax pots definitely and the 1000cc are the ones to get.

Also re strips, I personally prefer paper strips, but if you prefer fabric, go with that! :)

In college we weren't given the option we just used fabric, but if paper is the new way to go I'd certainly try it. I can't wait to get my course booked. Xx

Hi steph86, I'm jus weighing up my options at the mo. my local NSI does waxing training but not sure I'll go for that. Everyone on here raves about Kim Lawless waxing queen who is also a geek member so I'm seriously considering contacting her and checking prices and dates for my area. Like you I need to save the pennies first. Who are you planning on training with?

In college we weren't given the option we just used fabric, but if paper is the new way to go I'd certainly try it. I can't wait to get my course booked. Xx
Not the new way but another alternative if you don't get on with fabric. It's just whatever you're more comfortable with really.

Oh and Hairdaze, it is well worth a trip to essex to do your training with Kim, if there's no dates anywhere else.

Hairdaze- I wanted to train with Kim too, but she had no planned dates in Manchester/liverpool :(

Although I will check again once I have the kit and savings.

I have been recommended another geek's training course in Altrincham. I could PM you the link to her site if its not too far for you? Xx

Sal-thanks, I shall have a try of both :) xx

What a shame about Kim but yes please will you send me the link to the other lady you have been recommended.

Latest posts

Back