Waxing table height

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unas escarlata

Reaction score
As there is with VDU/PC display screen regulations, I wonder if there is any advice available as to the optimum height for a waxing couch.

I found this in the archives Couch height [Archive] - Salon Geek
but if anyone else has research or H&S based info I'd be happy to hear.

I have developed adhesive capsulitis and overcompensating has made me have severe pain in my deltoid. It's keeping me awake at night, and I'm finding regular tasks really difficult - especially picking up a wine glass!! Seriously, I can't lift a heavy saucepan with that arm, do up my bra, put my bag over my shoulder etc. It has only happened since I started waxing in the salon as opposed to a few mobile clients but I do have a pre-existing back and neck problem from an RTA 21 months ago and I am seeing an osteopath next week for an assessment.

Thanks.

Off to take more pills now.

I don't know about any official numbers, but I like my bed at least to my hips. Being 5'11 I have to have a motorised / hydraulic couch, other just aren't high enough. I'm constantly shouting in horror at my clients "WAIT! DON'T JUMP! I have to lower the couch" lol.

Ps, sending hugs, It's horrible having work related pain. Have you tried physio/acupuncture/Osteo?

I hurt my back a few weeks ago and have worked out that I can do a lot of waxing whilst sitting on a high steel or chair. Obviously some bits you have to get up to reach but the majority of it can be done sitting down if you get the chair/couch heights right.

xx

I stand by the side of my couch with my arms straight down at my side. I then put my hands into fists and make sure that my fists are level with the top of the couch. I find this the most comfortable height for waxing.I have an electric couch which I can adjust accordingly for different treatments but for waxing I do the fist test!

When working out your table height there are two measurements you need to take into account ... The height of the table and the height I the client!

I recently bought an electric table ... One of the best purchases I have made and It really does make life easier. But before I had it I would set the table height to what I thought would be right but frequently asked the client to get off so I can adjust the height. Don't be afraid of doing this!

I stand by the side of my couch with my arms straight down at my side. I then put my hands into fists and make sure that my fists are level with the top of the couch. I find this the most comfortable height for waxing.I have an electric couch which I can adjust accordingly for different treatments but for waxing I do the fist test!

This is how we were taught when learning massage, except to put our hands out flat, not in a fist. Still the same principle though.

I also have a chair that I can sit on and scoot around the table when I want.

I do need to eventually invest in an electric table as being 5ft11", my table is too high for clients if I have it set to the height I need.

This is how we were taught when learning massage, except to put our hands out flat, not in a fist. Still the same principle though.

I also have a chair that I can sit on and scoot around the table when I want.

I do need to eventually invest in an electric table as being 5ft11", my table is too high for clients if I have it set to the height I need.

I Had a hydraulic one which was just as good as the electric one for adjusting it. And they're about 1/4 of the price too.

I find when doing bikini waxing I do alot of bending, my back kills after so really I need to heighten it a bit more for this. But I usually forget. :-/

I Had a hydraulic one which was just as good as the electric one for adjusting it. And they're about 1/4 of the price too.

I find when doing bikini waxing I do alot of bending, my back kills after so really I need to heighten it a bit more for this. But I usually forget. :-/

I'll have to keep that in mind when looking to buy one. Thanks

When working out your table height there are two measurements you need to take into account ... The height of the table and the height I the client!

I recently bought an electric table ... One of the best purchases I have made and It really does make life easier. But before I had it I would set the table height to what I thought would be right but frequently asked the client to get off so I can adjust the height. Don't be afraid of doing this!

When I have my own place, an electric couch will be top of my list for sure! With a heated cover.

But for now, I have to make do with my manual adjust.....

thanks all

My bed height can't be changed, but after years or back and neck pain, I've decided to get an electric couch for my new place.

If you cant afford to buy a new table, you can get foam cut to fit the size of your existing one. It can be ordered in any size and depth so it can suit whatever you need. Just stretch your couch cover over it and it will hold it in place. Just another option to save the pennies.:lol:

I saw the osteopath yesterday and he says it is quite likely I have torn my supraspinatus. I'm bound up like a Christmas turkey!!

Latest posts

Back