Waxing timings

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your routine is good, I do have an unusual technique that I will share if you pm me although you may not wish to use it once you have heard it. Its not for the fainthearted lol.

Jacqui xx

I dont even do intimate waxing and I am curious! :o
I am so squeamish I cannot bear the thought of it...that and feet. :biggrin:

I think I need to invest in the Hive rollers. I've looked at them a few times, but not been sure if they're worthwhile. I always seem to take at least an hour to do a full leg and, if anything, I'm getting slower rather than quicker!!! :confused:

I dont even do intimate waxing and I am curious! :o
I am so squeamish I cannot bear the thought of it...that and feet. :biggrin:

Maybe Top Tottie will forward it on to you, it took me ages to write it and for some reason we don't get to keep a copy.

Jacqui xx

I think I need to invest in the Hive rollers. I've looked at them a few times, but not been sure if they're worthwhile. I always seem to take at least an hour to do a full leg and, if anything, I'm getting slower rather than quicker!!! :confused:

Hive%20-%20Hand%20Held%20Roller%20Heater.jpg

You should buy one of these, and if you like it buy another one. They are interlinkable, so you dont need two wires to plug them in, you plug one into the wall, and the second one plugs into the base of the first one.

I had these years ago, then I bought a mini multi pro heater, with three spaces. But it broke, so I'm back to these. I dont use the whole hand held unit though, I just take the cartridge out and wrap a strip around it to stop it burning me. You can get them for about £25, you'd make your money back after 2 half leg waxes! Ohh, and shop around for cartridges. Some are very overpriced. I use salon systems, and I get packs of 12 using the 5 for 4 offer at Capital. Works out to about £1 a cartridge.

Im in shock with the timings posted here. Maybe I was put under a lot of pressure when I started waxing but I simply wouldnt be aloud that time!

Lip - 5 mins (or no extra time if having other waxing done)
Eyebrow - 10 mins
Lip & Eyebrow - 10 mins
Half leg - 10 mins
Bikini - 10 mins
Californian - 15 mins
Brazilian - 20 mins (Strip) 30 mins (hot wax)
Hollywood - 30 mins (strip) 40mins (hot wax)
Full leg - 20 mins
Full Leg inc bikini - 20 mins
Under arm - 5 mins (or no extra time if having other waxing done)

And a lot of the time I'm finished early. As it was said above, if your only given a certain amount of time you'll do it. I've never had a complaint about waxing and as for someone saying clients like when you take your time? I would disagree, when its waxing they want to get in and out. They would however love you to take your time with massage etc :biggrin:

Im curious as to how much experience the girls who take 20 mins to do a half leg wax have? I would simply be let go in that case!:smack:

Am I the only person who takes longer to do a brazilian than a hollywood? :suprised:

Am I the only person who takes longer to do a brazilian than a hollywood? :suprised:

Nope! I'm intrigued about the unusual technique as well, would love to hear what it is!

As the thread starter I have to agree! I take longer for a Brazilian than a Hollywood! It's easy to whip it all off, harder to leave a nice symmetrical strip!

I have seen the description of the 'unusual method' for a Brazilian, it's efficient but a bit much for me!! But hey, whatever works! x

Here are my timings!!!

1/2 leg 25 mins
U/A 15 mins (hot wax)
Regular BL 10 mins
Brazilian 1 hour
Hollywood 45 mins
eyebrows 20 mins
lip 5 mins

I would love to know how you do a Brazilian in 15 mins! Who was it that stated that?!

How????
Brazilian in 15 mins? do you use hot wax? what about the cooling down?? (do you include a bumhole wax in your brazilian?)

Hollywood? I can understand if it was a regular but not for a first timer, do you incorporate bum hole wax in your hollywood?

I am also intrigued!!

Ooh can you send me the unusual method please-I'm intrigued.
As for my waxing times-it takes me as long as it takes me!
Some people take longer than others. I sometimes book out 30 minutes for a hollywood and sometimes 45. It depends if it's a new client or a client that takes me longer.
I can do a regular bikini in 10 mins and sometimes it takes me longer.
For new clients I book the maximum time out and then once you know how long it takes then that's what you book out next time :biggrin:

I also would love to have sight of the unusual method

I'm intrigued!!!

Please share
Terry

Oooooh me too-could somebody send it please? Totally intrigued.
X

Is the unsual method rude or something tha it can't be posted on the main forum?? :) I'd love to know what it is too. I find it quicker to work with the client wearing no underwear as there is no faffing about, just both accept what they are there for and get on with it.

I think it's weird underarm takes as long as a half leg wax. I do 2 underarms together in two strips. Hot wax, client flat on back. Apply 1 arm in one direction and while cooling appy to other, remove. Apply 2nd time in opposite direction, while cooling apply to other arm. Remove. Check for strays. prob 5 mins, job.

If only the rest of my treatments were as efficient :(

Latest posts

Back