Waxing "underneath"

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yellow

Reaction score
i find that its easier to remove hair from the clients underneath area is by getting the client to kneel on the couch with her elbows and forearms resting on the couch. That way the botttom is kind of sticking in the air and because of the position the skin is perfectly stretched and easy to wax. Keep the chat lighthearted and she wont get embarassed. The client will only get embarassed if you appear to be or you dont appear confident in what you are doing...:) i always have great music on and chat away so they dont think about the position they are in............:confused:

I have an even better method IMHO: Place a few towels, rolled up, under their hips, when they are still on their back. Then have them bring their knees to their chest. Area is very easy to wax, and client can still see and talk to you. Hope this helps someone!

What's the 'underneath' exactly? xxx

To wax the underneath, I get the clients to put their legs 'akimbo'. (Soles of the feet together.)

I get them on all fours for the crack of the bum but when they are in that position, the underneath is kind of closed together. (Kind of the opposite of legs akimbo.)

I do like knees up to the chest too. Especially when the crack isn't overly hairy and the client is very nervous and shy. Although to be honest I can normally persuade them on to all fours :green:

I find a combination works best, depending on the client, how she is build and also how comfortable she is to get into these positions.
For the bum i would definetely ask her to get on her hands and knees - I also find this is a very good starting point, especially for the "hairier ladies" as you have a clear and hairless line to start from.

The rest is a matter of seeing her "layout" (excuse the word but I am not sure how else to describe it) and seeing which way it is easiest and best to stretch, whether its one leg against the chest, or outwards or both with the heels together.

Also I have found over the years that every therapist has a slightly different way that works best for her and her clients :O))

this thread is reminiscent of the "undercarriage" thread lol.....

I find a combination works best, depending on the client, how she is build and also how comfortable she is to get into these positions.
For the bum i would definetely ask her to get on her hands and knees - I also find this is a very good starting point, especially for the "hairier ladies" as you have a clear and hairless line to start from.

The rest is a matter of seeing her "layout" (excuse the word but I am not sure how else to describe it) and seeing which way it is easiest and best to stretch, whether its one leg against the chest, or outwards or both with the heels together.

Also I have found over the years that every therapist has a slightly different way that works best for her and her clients :O))

You are absolutely right that a combination works best and you do need to assess the 'layout' (that makes me think we should draw a scale diagram :lol:) but I personally would not start from the back, for two reasons. Firstly, I don't think it would be fair to get the client on all fours at the start of the appointment. And secondly I have only ever waxed males from the back first, when they have wanted back and bottom, but not the front or sac. And it didn't go too well, and I wouldn't do it again because when the hair continues all the way underneath, there is no clean skin to pull from. It's not a very common treatment anyway, because most want the sac waxed too, but I now lie them on their back, knees to the chest and create some clean skin to pull from. Jmho, but I have waxed a lot of cracks.

I ALWAYS start from the back as it get the embarrassment over with quickly (they don't care what you do to them after that).

Starting from the back on male and female leaves a nice hair free zone when they turn over.

That's for waxing inside the butt. However, if you're talking about just waxing where the top back of thigh joins the buttocks, then have your client lay flat on their back and get them to pull their knee, one at a time up to their chest. This make the skin really tight and easy to apply and remove. xxx

Latest posts

Back