Waxing when on antibiotics

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bella771

Reaction score
Hi

I have a male client who wants his back waxed, however his on antibiotics for an acne rash he has on his back so i have advised him that i cannot wax while he is on medication and where the rash is still present. He has advised me that he will be on these for 3 months and is there any other way he can remove the hair from his back like maybe using veet? I advised not to use this as ingredients in it may be too harsh on his skin and upset the rash more. Has anyone any thoughts or advise on what he could use?

Appreciate your comments thanks

I'd be inclined to get him to go back to the Dr and see what the Dr says. If the Dr says that waxing or anything else is fine then to get a letter from the Dr stating what treatments are suitable.

Depending how bad his skin is, he could possibly clipper the hair until it's all cleared.

I have seen people bruise when on anti-biotics. If he really wants it done, explain clearly to him that he could have a reaction and get him to sign that he's asked you to go ahead. Check what your insurance says.

great thanks girls for your advise much appreciated ;)

Latest posts

Back