Waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheekynat888

Reaction score
Ive recently added waxing to the treatments I offer and am now wondering if I did the right thing as Im mobile, I loved the training and love being able to wax but the portable couch is heavier than i estimated. If you had a booking for just facial waxing would you still take the couch with you or could you do this with the client sitting in a chair??

i have done facial waxing in a chair and thats fine and clients dont seem to mind but i prefer to have them on the couch

The couch is more professional and easier for u in case of dripping. I have waxed eyebrows for people sitting up and its harder for the wax to bond with the strip as you dont have the right support to rub it in. :)

I only take my couch for leg wax, bikini etc. For eyebrows I put a large towel over the arm of the sofa and ask the client to lay across the sofa. Yes it may not seem the most professional way but being mobile, you have to adjust things. It's just not worth all the extra hassle getting the couch in the car, in the house, setting up, packing away and back in the car for a quick 5 min eyebrow wax! Never had any complaints from clients doing it this way xx

Having a couch with you may be more beneficial as sometimes clients may ask you for other waxing treatments, whilst you are there and if you dont have your couch then you may not be able to do it...

I did a mature lady's brow, lip and chin while she was sat in a chair. I felt that I could have done the treatment quicker and easier if I had done it on my couch. Next time I will know better!! X

I agree with Jack, it's a good opportunity to upsell if you have your couch, how about I also do your XXX.....

I think I may take my couch in the car and then see what happens. Thanks all for your input

Two things spring to mind. Firstly, can you change your couch for a lighter one? Do you know how much it weighs? Secondly, I feel that if an appointment is worth doing then you should take your couch. It's similar to how I feel about uniform - if you look professional you will feel professional.

My couch is 14kg so is a portable one. Normally I wouldn't hesitate about taking it, I have specified a minimum charge for mobile waxing for that reason but I can't park near her house so it's a little walk. I'll take it and see I think.

Seriously, I recommend you shop around for a lighter couch. I'm sure you can get one for under 10kg, maybe 8-9kg. I am not an expert on couches at all mind!

The reason I suggest this is because mobile work is going to take a toll on your back over the long term and you need to do everything you can to look after yourself, otherwise you might end up having a very short shelf life as a therapist. There are geeks on here who have done mobile for years and ruined their backs!

Latest posts

Back