waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deb379

Reaction score
Anyone seen this:

Touchme Sugaring Gel - Helpful Hints & FAQ's

No heating necessary.

Deb379
Mmmm the only thing that worries me about this is what they are saying about length of times in between visits.6 to 10 weeks is a hell of a long time between visits.

Waxing and sugaring give the same results,nothing can deter the length of time it takes the hair to regrow,other than if the hair follicle is damaged through continuos waxing(only in some cases,not all)

I think it is unrealistic to expect a client to go so long between visits(even "depending on hairgrowth"as stated)JMHO:green:

In the FAQ it says that it doesn't hurt like other waxing treatments as the wax doesn't stick to the skin. Huh??????!!!!! It's still going to hurt because your hairs are being pulled out!! lol

In the FAQ it says that it doesn't hurt like other waxing treatments as the wax doesn't stick to the skin. Huh??????!!!!! It's still going to hurt because your hairs are being pulled out!! lol
I hear what you are saying, yet sugaring is supposed to be less painful, and my clients say that it is.

Sorry the way they write it makes it sound as if it is completely pain free.

I hear what you are saying, yet sugaring is supposed to be less painful, and my clients say that it is.

I've heard the same about sugaring, and yet I have clients who have been treated by both methods and say that waxing is less painful for them - to be honest I think a lot depends on the skill of the therapist, whatever method is used. A good sugaring or waxing therapist is certainly worth their weight in gold! :D

Hannah1984 said:
In the FAQ it says that it doesn't hurt like other waxing treatments as the gel doesn't stick to the skin. Huh??????!!!!! It's still going to hurt because your hairs are being pulled out!! lol

Wax and sugar both remove hair by the root, both will stick to the skin unless a barrier method (powder or oil) are used, and both hurt like billy-oh in the wrong hands, lol! :D I do love that sugar paste ball though, it's so therapeutic!

I do love that sugar paste ball though, it's so therapeutic!
Unless you are having a hot day and then it gets too gooey!

Although I know that some prefer it like this, I prefer to keep it in a good ball that I can roll between my fingers.

Unless you are having a hot day and then it gets too gooey!

Although I know that some prefer it like this, I prefer to keep it in a good ball that I can roll between my fingers.

Lol, so true - and Murphy's Law dictates that it'll always go gooey the exact moment I think to myself "I'll just do one more flick before I get a new bit of paste" and then BAM, I wind up with a sticky mess all over the place! :D

Lol, so true - and Murphy's Law dictates that it'll always go gooey just when I think to myself "I'll just do one more flick before I get a new bit of paste" and then BAM, I wind up with a sticky mess all over the place! :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: oh so true!

it also depends on what the client pain threshold is like as it is different for people, some people might feel more than others ans some might not feel it at all.

Latest posts

Back